Overpriced? Any info on this Federal Siren and Dietz Light?

Scoot163

Nov 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA
Found an old Federal Siren and a Dietz 7-220 at a junk shop. I couldn't read the model on the siren badge. The seller was asking $500 for the siren, and $50 for the Dietz. Reasonable, or overpriced?

IMG_7242.JPG IMG_7241.JPG

Scoot163

Nov 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA
Thanks guys. Don't think the siren price will be negotiable. What was it used for? Model? What would be reasonable on the Dietz?

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Light is a newer version of the Dietz 200 "beehive" light. The newer version uses a plastic lens rather than glass. In this condition, it might bring a high price of $25. There are some rare "beehives" out there that could bring quite a bit more.

Reactions: Scoot163

Scoot163

Nov 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA
Light is a newer version of the Dietz 200 "beehive" light. The newer version uses a plastic lens rather than glass. In this condition, it might bring a high price of $25. There are some rare "beehives" out there that could bring quite a bit more.

Thanks Dan, I appreciate that.

I think the siren is a Super XL (The mod X is painted red, Super with black Krinkle paint and bright work on the grills--all FedSig sirens of the era added L for front light and R for rear light). Most X sirens were either 6, 12 or 24 (military). In any case, the seller is very proud of his item...NOS would be worth $500 and his grills appear painted over. Also, check for the siren base--it should resemble a PA100 base.

Scoot163

Nov 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA
I think the siren is a Super XL (The mod X is painted red, Super with black Krinkle paint and bright work on the grills--all FedSig sirens of the era added L for front light and R for rear light). Most X sirens were either 6, 12 or 24 (military). In any case, the seller is very proud of his item...NOS would be worth $500 and his grills appear painted over. Also, check for the siren base--it should resemble a PA100 base.

Thanks! I'm not a siren collector (yet) so probably won't go for it but is this anything that collectors really desire or just kind of run of the mill as old sirens go?

It's one of those interesting old sirens you don't see very often and I don't think they were all that popular "in the day". Don't know what the production numbers were, but they were a dolled up version of the utilitarian and common mod X in an era when chrome was not so much an issue. As with anything in collecting, the value is in the eye of the buyer.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.