Wanted P25 VHF radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Hello all,

Trying to help a friend of mine look for a radio. We are switching to digital by the end of the year.

He is mainly looking for Kenwood or Motorola.

Radio must come with battery, charger, antenna. Speaker mic is optional.

Radio must have tags as this will be used for fire/ems responses.

Thanks in advance. All help is appreciated.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
what do you mean by tags?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mattdecker

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ohh ok

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
Are you digital as in DMR? Or digital as in P25? There's a big difference.... especially if your going onto a mototrbo system, or nexedge or something of that nature....

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Let me check and see what I have tomorrow. Any specific options he is looking for?

Not that I know of. He is mainly looking for used.

Are you digital as in DMR? Or digital as in P25? There's a big difference.... especially if your going onto a mototrbo system, or nexedge or something of that nature....

I confirmed yesterday but we will be going to P25.

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Is it going to be a trunking or conventional system?

I'm not sure. I think conventional P25 but I haven't asked.

I have an XTS5000 if there is interest in that send me a PM

I tried selling him mine but he didn't like the feel of it. Lol. I appreciate it though.

I actually got a message from him saying he was probably going to wait and see if the Dept swaps his radios out and gives him one that will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.