PA-15a Director Siren assitance needed

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Picked this up this weekend, honestly for giggles and :oops:

Started tinkering with it today, the siren seems to function properly, the microphone on the other hand is a different story. Opened it up and it literally fell apart.
Optimized-20210404_180527.jpg

Anyone have a pinout for the microphone? I see R,B,G,W I need to know what goes where so I can resolder the connections and not blow everything out.. lol

Optimized-20210404_180805.jpg

I'll probably open it up and go over it with some air, Isopropyl alcohol and a brush.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
my soldering iron just took a ****

Seriously can't win.

Time to hit Amazon.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
What are the first two digits of the serial number (1D or 1E)?

1D and 1E have different circuit boards.

1D is the late 1960s version and has deep slow rising and falling wail and yelp tones.

1E is the 1970s version and has high-pitched fast rising / slow falling wail and yelp tones.

Series 1D came with a round mic and series 1E came with a square mic.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
1E
Square Mic.

Still waiting on my new solder station.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
It looks like an early version. The early 1Es have no ventilation holes in the chassis cover.

There are none that I can see.

I will get some all around pictures once I get it reassembled.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.