Pager

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Ok, I know a decent bit about lights. But radios and pagers, not so much. I am looking for a voice pager, I want it to have the following abilities/features

1 frequency, 4 different "depts" or tones, needs to be selectable

Must have repeat or playback feature

So, those of you that know about these, what model do I need?

BigDogg795

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
Probably something along the lines of a Stored Voice Minitor V would probably be right up your alley...Four selectable programs, and offers the playback feature you want.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
I think a Minitor IV will do the same thing, too. I would take a V but a used IV will obviously be cheaper.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
You could do the same thing with a Minitor III, Minitor IV, or Minitor V. The Minitor III and Minitor IV are the same when it comes to features and programming. The Minitor IV has many more options, allows for more tones, etc.

One caveat: all of these pagers are either one-frequency or two-frequency. If you have four departments on four different frequencies, you will have to carry two pagers.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
John, I just reread your post and saw something that I apparently had previously missed.

The fact that everything is on frequency is good, because it will work with any Minitor III, Minitor IV, or Minitor V. The one problem I see is that you want to be able to select which tones the pager will alert for. Depending upon how selectable you need the tones to be, this might be possible with a 1-frequency pager, or possibly with a 2-frequency pager set up to the same frequency twice, or not possible. It just depends on how selectable you need the tones to be.

If you can explain more about just how selectable you need the tones to be, that would be a big help.

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
Not to throw a wrench in the works, but if your looking at Motorola pagers, the V is only model capable of narrowbanding. This will take afffect in 2013, so if you plan on having the pager for more than a few years, you may want to spend alittle more now on a V that will not become a paperweight in a few years when the FCC will require rebanding.

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
You might want to check into the Watchdog from pager from USAlert also.You can alias your tones programmed into them to show up on pager display such as " Fire 1","EMS",All Call and whatever else.

It does 12.5 narrowband so should carry you over into counties and cities going narrowband on paging frequencies

Plus it does Date/Time stamping and your stored messages will not disappear if you turn off pager by mistake and if battery dies.

http://www.usalertllc.com/WatchDog_features.htm

I have been carrying one for 2 months now,and like it.

Drawback is it runs on 3 AAA batteries so I have to charge it quite a bit. The V lasts me 3-5 days depending on call volume

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.