Pair of custom minis

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I had some bars I decided to cut down. I had 4 Smart Vectors in varying conditions. I kept one for my display and parted the others. 2 of those 3 had a good center pod so I made a pair of 3 pod mini Vectors. No measuring involved, just eyeballed them. I didnt have the rear center cover for the back of the V so I used a dense piece of foam (not shown) with a hole for the wire sandwiched between the plates. The one shown has a large ugly cable used to power it on my display.

The 2nd was a full Patriot to mini. I picked it up for $60. It had one burned out strobe but the 6 5mm 500 heads work fine. My original plan was to gut it, keep the leds and sell the rest. I picked up an underpopulated 8 head Liberty with nice switchbox for $100 a while back so I put the 5mm leds in there just to fill it up. I had considered making a mini out of the Patriot but figured a strobe head would be more then I wanted to spend on it. I found one for $13 shipped and figured why not so I nade A mini. Not sure if I am gonna keep or sell it. It took some measuring to keep the frame symmetrical. I also had to cut 2 center lenses to complete the lens section. After measuring, I bolted the top and bottom together to make even cuts. I made 2 frames and will scrap the center. I spent some time cleaning up the lenses and now have a neat strobe mini. I am debating using the flasher module in my 2100 optic bar so they sync nicely or just sell it. Either way I feel I very effectively cannibalized that bar.Screenshot_2019-07-09-01-12-02.pngScreenshot_2019-07-09-01-11-56.pngScreenshot_2019-07-09-01-11-51.pngScreenshot_2019-07-09-01-08-07.pngScreenshot_2019-07-09-01-06-17.png

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Nice work! Both look very well done ;)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.