May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Front:

8 Tomar Rect13 in grill

2 M7 Custom mount on Mirrors

4 Whelen M6 & M7 in lower grill

Sound Off HLF

2 Whelen LAW white

Tomar Blade High Power red/white (no takedowns)

Side:

M7 mounted on roofrack

Linz6 on top of tyres

R and W Vertex surface mount on each side

Side LEDs from Blade with flashing ally's

Rear:

2 Whelen M4 Red next to LP

2 LAW in red

2 White Vertex in reverse

2 split Whelen M7 Red/Blue surface mount

2 Blue Linz6 on roof

Cencom Gold

2 Whelen Sa315p Speakers

Grover 1510 Air Horn

Motorola PM1500 mobile radio

Whelen Howler

ai950.photobucket.com_albums_ad345_VolEms_th_installRH_77vid.jpg

ai950.photobucket.com_albums_ad345_VolEms_car774.jpg

ai950.photobucket.com_albums_ad345_VolEms_airhorn2.jpg

ai950.photobucket.com_albums_ad345_VolEms_airhorn1.jpg

ai950.photobucket.com_albums_ad345_VolEms_car778.jpg

ai950.photobucket.com_albums_ad345_VolEms_M7installonsienna.jpg

ai950.photobucket.com_albums_ad345_VolEms_car777.jpg

ai950.photobucket.com_albums_ad345_VolEms_car7718.jpg

ai950.photobucket.com_albums_ad345_VolEms_car7715.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave

May 21, 2010
bath ny
Holy lights batman..... :eek: Since when can you have blue to the front in ny when using red?

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
Dave said:
...Since when can you have blue to the front in ny when using red?
+1. Your plates seem to be the Hatzolah plates, which means that you're operating in NY. Blue= :nono: On the other hand, if the coordinators don't give you a hard time, I guess you'll be OK.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Since its a demo vehicle we put 2 blue in the grill. It's on a separate switch on the cencom gold. We have a lot of VF costumers who want to see the rect13 in blue. On this vehicle there are no LEDs in any windows. I want to slow the patters down on some of the rear LEDs.

noturbizniss

Dec 6, 2011
New York
EMT-BLS said:
+1. Your plates seem to be the Hatzolah plates, which means that you're operating in NY. Blue= :nono: On the other hand, if the coordinators don't give you a hard time, I guess you'll be OK.

The plates are either standard NYS VAS plates that any member of a volly can get (When i was at Brooklyn college EMS i got for my car), or they are EMT or more likely paramedic plates. All you need is proof of certification. you don't need to ride anywhere to get those plates.

NYS DMV - Custom Plates - Emergency Services

Re the blue in front, the coordinator can approve all eh wants, it is against the law and you can get ticketed for that. However as the OP says they are on a separate switch to be used to demo so it's find if he doesn't use them when responding.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
is this a demo or a POV? because if this is POV it is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY overkill

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Like I said in the title. Its my demo Vehicle and used to respond to emergencies as well. That is the reason we put on so many LED's in all colors.

ledguy

May 20, 2010
New York
EMT-BLS said:

There is no such thing as Hatzolah plates.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
ledguy said:
There is no such thing as Hatzolah plates.
My bad. I meant to say EMS plates, that I've only seen on Hatzolah vehicles. So my assumption was that the OP was a member, and therefore, governed by Hatzolah policy.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
jcpse said:
Not to be rude, but can you Read ??????? :duh: check the title of the thread

it says demo/pov. well....what is it? shut 75% of those lights off then when using it as a POV

OCD Mobile

Dec 28, 2011
Queens NY
theroofable said:
Do all hatzolah members get to run red lights and sirens?

Yes as a responding member their are members who aren't medically trained they don't get red lights and sirens they are service units

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
awesome job on the install. even though it is a demo vehicle, i'm not a fan of how many rects and m series there are (i think that the 4 M series up front and to the rear is too much). How hard were the LAWs to install, though? I'm told that Toyotas are a PITA because they have double-sealed housings.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I found another vid of the rear without the lightbar and 2 Linz6 on the roof switched on. This vid was taken mid install.

ai950.photobucket.com_albums_ad345_VolEms_th_installRH_77vid.jpg

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I hope to put up better vids soon. We didn't put any LEDs in any windows. That makes it blinding bright with no obstruction to the driver. Securely Yours (Duvy) is probably the best installer in NYC. Yes his work is not free but u get what u pay for. He is very thorough and extremely neat. That is the reason I used him for this very complicated and custom install.

Light It Up

Jun 19, 2011
bk ny
yes he is one amazing installer i always droll over his work its amazing how good he is

i agree one of the best in the nyc

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I still think the Grover air horn moves traffic the best much more then the Howler. I have a vid of the horn I have to find it and post it.

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to mention the horn... I drive a 2010 Hino 258 series Flatbed Tow Truck for my paying job, if anyone has heard the factory horn on a Hino you know how pathetic they are for such a large vehicle (same as a Toyota car horn)... I dropped by to see my friend at Dependable Truck & Tank in Brampton (Ontario, Canada), left the truck with him for a couple days, and got my truck back with an EPIC Grover 1510 installed... They installed a dual position switch so I could switch between the factory horn and the Grover, not that the factory horn get used that often. :)

PJH

May 23, 2010
CO Springs&West PointNY
theroofable said:
Do all hatzolah members get to run red lights and sirens?

Well, here is the deal. Long time members here know my stance on this, but I'll relay it again. If your not from the immediate NYC/NNJ area, it may be a foreign concept, but here we go.

Hatzolah EMS is a volunteer Jewish EMS response organization. They are most prevelant in the NYC, northern New Jersey area. The medics tend to be pretty decent, many EMTs not so much. Between the NYC culture, and the Orthodox Jewish culture, things get interesting.

New York law provides for volunteer EMS members to be equipped with green lights only with no right of way rights. New York law also allows for red lights/sirens to EMT-B, EMT-I and EMT-P's PROVIDED that their vehicle is inspected by the department of health and allowed by the EMS agency policy. Its NOT a given right.

By law (last time I checked) they are required to display the NYS Inspection sticker on their vehicle, but you never seen one (in violation of the code).

(NJ and most other states are simialar but NJ runs blue instead of green just like the fighterfighters with no ROW rights).

Now, in 99% of New York State, just about everyone is allowed the green lights and not so much red lights are used by "rank and file". For whatever reason, Hatzolah management tends to hand out the "permits" like candy to just about everyone. We have (and I personally) have seen CFR's who can only drive an ambulance to rabbi's with no medical training running l/s to calls, and usually in a haphazard manner. Not all, but all I have personally seen is 0-90. In fact, in my county working the desk one day our undersheriff was litterly in pursuit of a hatzolah members land crusier who was doing 95mph to a call.... The call was a 20 year old "not feeling well" with a headache. Not really a life/death situation.

Red is offically the only allowed color, but since police have been allowed to run blue to the rear, hatzolah members (as well as some other services) started running blue all over like its the new model of the iPhone.

With the amout of cash flowing in the Jewish community and the Hatzolah members, there is no shortage of people completly wacking out their Suburbans and minivans. It amazes me how NYPD can get thru Manhattan with a dash light and wigwags but the personal cars require no less than 20 LEDs, multiple sirens, airhorns etc.

Basically, with the connections, the reglious angle and political connections, they go almost unchecked and run wild. Any one of us in a volunteer capacity would have our balls cut off in about 10 seconds.

I wish the video of the "Red Light Rabbi" was still up on the web. Kinda shows the point I am making.

Personally, I don't see the "Demo/POV" story, but I could be wrong. Everytime I have heard that line I see if running multiple color lights to calls vs the state authorized colors.

OCD Mobile

Dec 28, 2011
Queens NY
PJH said:
Well, here is the deal. Long time members here know my stance on this, but I'll relay it again. If your not from the immediate NYC/NNJ area, it may be a foreign concept, but here we go.

Hatzolah EMS is a volunteer Jewish EMS response organization. They are most prevelant in the NYC, northern New Jersey area. The medics tend to be pretty decent, many EMTs not so much. Between the NYC culture, and the Orthodox Jewish culture, things get interesting.

New York law provides for volunteer EMS members to be equipped with green lights only with no right of way rights. New York law also allows for red lights/sirens to EMT-B, EMT-I and EMT-P's PROVIDED that their vehicle is inspected by the department of health and allowed by the EMS agency policy. Its NOT a given right.

By law (last time I checked) they are required to display the NYS Inspection sticker on their vehicle, but you never seen one (in violation of the code).

(NJ and most other states are simialar but NJ runs blue instead of green just like the fighterfighters with no ROW rights).

Now, in 99% of New York State, just about everyone is allowed the green lights and not so much red lights are used by "rank and file". For whatever reason, Hatzolah management tends to hand out the "permits" like candy to just about everyone. We have (and I personally) have seen CFR's who can only drive an ambulance to rabbi's with no medical training running l/s to calls, and usually in a haphazard manner. Not all, but all I have personally seen is 0-90. In fact, in my county working the desk one day our undersheriff was litterly in pursuit of a hatzolah members land crusier who was doing 95mph to a call.... The call was a 20 year old "not feeling well" with a headache. Not really a life/death situation.

Red is offically the only allowed color, but since police have been allowed to run blue to the rear, hatzolah members (as well as some other services) started running blue all over like its the new model of the iPhone.

With the amout of cash flowing in the Jewish community and the Hatzolah members, there is no shortage of people completly wacking out their Suburbans and minivans. It amazes me how NYPD can get thru Manhattan with a dash light and wigwags but the personal cars require no less than 20 LEDs, multiple sirens, airhorns etc.

Basically, with the connections, the reglious angle and political connections, they go almost unchecked and run wild. Any one of us in a volunteer capacity would have our balls cut off in about 10 seconds.

I wish the video of the "Red Light Rabbi" was still up on the web. Kinda shows the point I am making.

Personally, I don't see the "Demo/POV" story, but I could be wrong. Everytime I have heard that line I see if running multiple color lights to calls vs the state authorized colors.

sounds like you don't like hatzallah but here is my opinion for every crazy stupid member in hatzallah their is about 5 members that do hatzallah just to save a life and have nothing to do with the b/s in the org and they save hundreds of lives a year Jewish Not Jewish, white, black, Spanish, in their eyes a life is a life and the only reason they service the Jewish people more is cause more Jewish people call and that's the only reason and its a big shame that the org is judge by the large number of assholes in the org but when you have an org the size of hatzallah its gets very hard to prevent all the assholes from joining and destroying it for the good members. in my area we have about 25 give or take a few, level 4 medics and every single medic has a lifepck 15 or other type with them at all times as well as a full set of narcotics and ivs and everything else you would find in a als rig minus the bed that goes for every emt has a aed and a full set of bls gear figure theirs got to be over a hundred medics in the org and figure my area takes in over 2500 calls a year do the math a try figuring out how much money they spend in a week with out ever expecting to see the money again everything is free they don't charge for transports so bite your tongue and look at all the good that try seeing if the bad even comes close to the good they do and every member pays for the gas in their own cars never getting covered for the hundreds of dollars that come out of their own pockets but sounds to me your jealous and that's fine i also get jealous when i see someone with a bigger gun then mine its what makes us human but look at the whole picture before you post something to only god knows how many people are on this blog that don't know hatzallah and give a half ass picture of what hatzallah is all about

this is me speaking my own mind has nothing to do with hatzallah or anyone in hatzallah

and they also put food on some of are tables with all the cars they have to be wired up

Harbor Patrol

May 22, 2010
NY
PJH said:

i think its time you check the NYS VTL's before making uneducated comments, know the facts before you post bro

OCD Mobile

Dec 28, 2011
Queens NY
OCD Mobile said:
sounds like you don't like hatzallah but here is my opinion for every crazy stupid member in hatzallah their is about 5 members that do hatzallah just to save a life and have nothing to do with the b/s in the org and they save hundreds of lives a year Jewish Not Jewish, white, black, Spanish, in their eyes a life is a life and the only reason they service the Jewish people more is cause more Jewish people call and that's the only reason and its a big shame that the org is judge by the large number of assholes in the org but when you have an org the size of hatzallah its gets very hard to prevent all the assholes from joining and destroying it for the good members. in my area we have about 25 give or take a few, level 4 medics and every single medic has a lifepck 15 or other type with them at all times as well as a full set of narcotics and ivs and everything else you would find in a als rig minus the bed that goes for every emt has a aed and a full set of bls gear figure theirs got to be over a hundred medics in the org and figure my area takes in over 2500 calls a year do the math a try figuring out how much money they spend in a week with out ever expecting to see the money again everything is free they don't charge for transports so bite your tongue and look at all the good that try seeing if the bad even comes close to the good they do and every member pays for the gas in their own cars never getting covered for the hundreds of dollars that come out of their own pockets but sounds to me your jealous and that's fine i also get jealous when i see someone with a bigger gun then mine its what makes us human but look at the whole picture before you post something to only god knows how many people are on this blog that don't know hatzallah and give a half ass picture of what hatzallah is all about

this is me speaking my own mind has nothing to do with hatzallah or anyone in hatzallah

and they also put food on some of are tables with all the cars they have to be wired up

oh and almost forgot 99.9% of the things they do are 1000% legal

PJH

May 23, 2010
CO Springs&West PointNY
Actually, I am very familar with V&T Law, and if you were reading my intent, you should know what I was stating.

In part I offer this from the V&T, § 375 (41). Section 4 - Emphasis mine

4. Blue light. a. One blue light may be affixed to any motor vehicle owned by a volunteer member of a fire department or on a motor vehicle owned by a member of such person's family residing in the same household or by a business enterprise in which such person has a proprietary interest or by which he or she is employed, provided such volunteer firefighter has been authorized in writing to so affix a blue light by the chief of the fire department or company of which he or she is a member, which authorization shall be subject to revocation at any time by the chief who issued the same or his or her successor in office. Such blue light may be displayed exclusively by such volunteer firefighter on such a vehicle only when engaged in an emergency operation. The use of blue lights on vehicles shall be restricted for use only by a volunteer firefighter except as otherwise provided for in subparagraph b of this paragraph.

b. In addition to the red and white lights authorized to be displayed pursuant to paragraph two of this subdivision, one or more blue lights or combination blue and red lights or combination blue, red and white lights may be affixed to a police vehicle, fire vehicle, ambulance, emergency ambulance service vehicle, and county emergency medical services vehicle provided that such blue light or lights shall be displayed on a police vehicle, fire vehicle, ambulance, emergency ambulance service vehicle, and county emergency medical services vehicle for rear projection only. In the event that the trunk or rear gate of a police vehicle, fire vehicle, ambulance, emergency ambulance service vehicle, and county emergency medical services vehicle obstructs or diminishes the visibility of other emergency lighting on such vehicles, a blue light may be affixed to and displayed from the trunk, rear gate or interior of such vehicles. Such lights may be displayed on a police vehicle, fire vehicle, ambulance, emergency ambulance service vehicle, and county emergency medical services vehicle when such vehicles are engaged in an emergency operation. Nothing contained in this subparagraph shall be deemed to authorize the use of blue lights on police vehicles, fire vehicles, ambulances, emergency ambulance service vehicles, and county emergency medical services vehicles unless such vehicles also display one or more red or combination red and white lights as otherwise authorized in this subdivision.

c. The commissioner is authorized to promulgate rules and regulations relating to the use, placement, power and display of blue lights on a police vehicle and fire vehicle

No where does it authorize blue to the front for EMS volunteers, or emergency vehicles. Its use to the front/sides is reserved just for the firefighters in NYS.

In addition, the NYS DOH Bureau of EMS has this to stay about POV's as first responder vehicles (in part) and emphasis mine:

This policy is intended to clarify the requirements and procedures for utilizing personally owned vehicles (POV) as Emergency Ambulance Service Vehicles (EASV).

Authorization as an EASV involves more than just the use of red lights and a siren on a vehicle. It is expected that every EASV is in compliance with all of the provisions of 10 NYCRR Part 800.21 & .26. This includes proper agency identification, vehicle marking and patient care equipment. All vehicles authorized by the service as EASVs may be subject to inspection. In the event violations to the code are found, the violations will be charged against the service authorizing the vehicle.

Its very good reading when you get into all the reading and actual policy that is to be followed other than "we can run lights and sirens".

(Again for those not following along, this applies to the NY/NYC/NJ "chapters" of Hatzolah - I can't say I've heard problems in other states or large cities)

Mr OCD, your post jumps all over the place as a Hatzolah ad - as well as one that contridicts some of your own statements.

Might of helped with this:

or

(You can find a few on youtube)

I stand by what I said based (as I said before) my personal observations as well as first hand accounts from fellow Chief's of Services and recorded accounts.

You state there are a few then many "assholes" in the organization. This is the fault of the organization and its management structure. It is also a product of the elected officals and those with personal or political connections or asperiations to allow continued operation in its current state. I also find that money can better be spent then equipping a transport unit with over 54 LED lights. I have a pic somewhere.

I do believe that Hatzolah is a good thing. Never said it wasn't. What I have an issue with is when its management allows its members to operate realitively unchecked in reguards to the motoring public, bystanders and those who are in greater need for medical care than those of a religous sect. What I also don't like is that anytime an incident does not go their way, they try to play the "J" card that people/press/agencies are anti-semitic, blah blach etc etc.

Some personal and first hand examples:

-Fail to yield to law enforcement (see above example)

-Untruthfulness to law enforcement: First hand account (minor) -> Haztolah member parks personal car in a handicap parking spot and places his non-legally binding "Haztozlah EMS Offical Business" placard in the window. Said individual walks into store and purchases items while being view by LEO. LEO tickets car and allows person to leave. H Member tried to fight it in court by saying he was on a medical call. Cop shows up with dashcam video. Judge throws as much finds as possible at member after giving him a chance to change his story.

-Untruthfulness to law enforcement: Second hand account from a trooper (major) -> Hatzolah member seen driving recklessly to a call. Trooper follows and at the scene confronts the person about his driving. Member states that he was going to a CPR type of call. Member driving recklessly keeps telling him same story and starts talking yeddish to another member in front of the trooper. Second member in yeddish tells #1 that he will back his story, even though it was another famous "not feeling well" routine type of call. What they didn't know is that the trooper was Jewish and understood everything they were saying. Court summons issued.

-Irresponsible scene safety: 1st hand account -> Local EMS sent to an EDP. Hazolah shows up as the person is Hasdic. Person is somewhat combative. Hatzolah EMT that arrives is carrying a sidearm and wants to attempt with patient care. You can insert your comments there.

-Irresponsible scene safety: 1st hand account -> At a MVA with entrapment, local EMS and fire responds. Area Hatzolah members respond prior to being called (but they do get calls, so no issue there). Hatzolah EMS enters upside down car with no PPE and refuses to leave the vehicle when local EMS with proper PPE will take over. Hatzolah refuses to leave and FD cannot extricate while they are in there. Get to the point where local PD was asked to have them removed so the PT can be. Within 10 mins its all over the Jewish news that local PD/EMS/FIRE is anti-semtic and wouldn't let them save lives, etc.

-Poor patient care: 2nd hand account from a good friend -> Said friend is onscene with a person collasped at a local market. Person was Jewish. Said friend is a EMT, equipped and is a county EMS coordnator. Hatzolah shows up and litterally pushes him out of the way and would not accept his primary care report, states some anti-gentile type stuff and basically subbs him. That was handed at the excutive level.

-Poor patient care: 2nd hand accound from a fellow COS: -> MVA, two car. Driver 1 was a Jewish person with a minor arm laceration, driver 2 was a black male with head tramua. Hatzolah shows up and ignores driver 2 and treats/transports the Jewish person but kept one EMT there until the other EMS service shows up. Complaint was filed with that one and no action was taken with the regional EMS authority.

-Poor patient care: 1st hand account: -> I was dispatched to a tree vs child at a local Jewish camp. Ended up Hatzolah was called
30min prior but since they were so far away, their dispatch then decided to call us. Upon arrival four children were injured by a massive limb requiring two to be flown out critically. They engrain the community so much to call them and not 911 that lives are placed in danger due to greatly expanded appriopriate response times.

I invite your comments.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
PJH welcome to Elb. I think u are a complete moron. Besides for spewing garbage and calling me a lier by stating this vehicle is not a demo/pov u are highjacking my thread. This is the install section not the Ring. If u have a beef with a particular person or org don't do it on my thread where we are discussing a really nice install. To say that a massive vol ems agency with over 100 ambulances is not operating by the law u got to be out of your mind. I don't have to answer a moron like u but the blue to the front is on a seperate switch. I do a lot of installs for Vol FF that use only Blue in NYS. In order to sell somthing they want to see it installed on a vehicle. I hope you edit your posts and get your facts straight before posting/jacking the thread. Please don't invite ppl

to comment on a install thread about ur issues. Open your own thread elswhere.

PJH

May 23, 2010
CO Springs&West PointNY
Thank you for proving my point.

Please point out any falsehoods about my examples stated above.

If you say your a dealer and all that, fine. My experience in the NYC area is that many people there who say they sell lights to all the volunteer firefighters are typically looking for an excuse to equip their vehicles with other colors or lights in general...especially in the light (no pun intended) that many departments that are volunteer in the NYC area are actually in Nassau County in which has a well established existing dealer network for the few departments that actually allow members to run lights (especially due to the extreme traffic cogestion and narrow streets which creates an undue traffic and insurance hazard).

Personally I rate most NYC dealers as those same people who just "must have lights and sirens" such as the security wackers, weather wackers, tow truck wackers, wacker wackers, REACT wackers and the such.

But since your a legit dealer serving the Long Island market, I guess that doesn't apply. I look forward to meeting you at the

Long Island show next month and I might buy something from you or treat you to a soda.

Oh, and welcome to ELB. As a member since 1999 in the old threaded BBS system, I must say that things must be different here now that I am out of that dark cave.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I don't know how I proved your point. I think the only person who is not legit is you. You don't say where you are from or what u do. Just qoute bogus stories that u heard (made up/ imagined). I think the wacker is you. I'm a legit businessman who is also a Volunteer. I am placing a Tomar order this morning for a Blade 200s lightstick some Rect25 and Rect14's if u want anything let me know. Again stop highjacking my thread. INSTALL thread. It seems that you aren't smart enough to follow the ELB rules.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.