Wanted Part # 300XL024 timing belt for Code 3 XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2016
Florida
Just ordered 2. Now how do I remove the motor and disassemble without stripping or breaking off the nuts. On the right side diamond mirror I see there’s a broken nut. Found it when I was cleaning the bar. Do I use penatrating spray so this doesn’t happen. And thank you for your help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 2

mike2459

May 22, 2010
South Glens Falls,NY
I used a 1/4" nut driver to take them out, it looks like the one might be either snapped off or just not in the one side. There's 3 screws holding the motor onto the frame use the same nut driver to take them out to. Carefull to loosen up the tensioner wheel that the belt goes around.

Reactions: Jesse J Volanti

mike2459

May 22, 2010
South Glens Falls,NY
More than likely they snapped off the screw putting it in with a power driver, you might have to drill it out, good luck. If your lucky you might be able to put a vice grip on what's left of the screw and back it out.

Sep 21, 2016
Florida
More than likely they snapped off the screw putting it in with a power driver, you might have to drill it out, good luck. If your lucky you might be able to put a vice grip on what's left of the screw and back it out.
It was broken off and I’m sure they did the same for the rest of the screws, a few are stripped from either torquing or wrong size philips. And what about the tension wheel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 4

mike2459

May 22, 2010
South Glens Falls,NY
The tensioner wheel has a little bit of adjustment to it there's a screw that holds the bracket in place for the wheel. make sure that wheel turns easily a small amount of 3 in 1 oil works on the shaft or I use garage door lubricant. The 3rd picture at the end of the red pen is the tensioner screw.

Attachments

• IMAG0488[1].jpg
    IMAG0488[1].jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAG0489[1].jpg
    IMAG0489[1].jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG0490[1].jpg
    IMAG0490[1].jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

mike2459

May 22, 2010
South Glens Falls,NY
A left hand drill bit might be able to back that screw out if you can get the bit seated into the screw right. Or even a screw out bit.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Thank you. I have not heard that before. IIRC some older threads talk of the near extinction of the supply of belts for the bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.