Part# For AeroDynic Brackets

DFD1994

Dec 8, 2013
DFW Metroplex
I am trying to locate 2 sets of mounting feet to install the pair of AeroDynic mini's that originally set atop the engine I am currently restoring. I was able to get the lights with the truck but they have been stored apart for many years and the brackets are MIA. I wanted to see if anyone either had a part number to make the search a little more fruitful or possible had access to drawings that would allow me to get some fabricated to match the originals.

For clarity's sake I am attaching some photos online of the style of mount that was used on the truck originally.
Federal-Signal-Aerodynic-Light-Bar-Model-25RQL-Red-_1.jpgpair-vintage-federal-signal-aerodynic_1_e332e49515ffe99e155392cb9cdba752 (1).jpgpair-vintage-federal-signal-aerodynic_1_e332e49515ffe99e155392cb9cdba752.jpg

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
A few members are fortunate enough to own a Service Parts Index. I believe @ex416, @fyrboy, or @stansdds may be able to help.

In the meantime, @ERIC6913 appears to have what looks like a Mini Jet mounting kit, part JMPK, on his restored FDNY ADX22, here:

ai734-photobucket-com_albums_ww341_eric6913_dsc00007_zpswuhdqq1y-jpg.198208

Source: https://elightbars.org/forums/threa...-f-d-n-y-spec-super-restore-with-video.75606/

The current instructions for the JMPK are here: https://www.fedsig.com/resource-document/file/8429

Reactions: DFD1994

DFD1994

Dec 8, 2013
DFW Metroplex
I have the 1994 index, those style are not shown in it at all.
Thanks for taking a look. The truck is an '85 and the lights are original as far as I know so it may be that the design was discontinued before '94 I suppose. I appreciate you taking the time.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I am trying to locate 2 sets of mounting feet to install the pair of AeroDynic mini's that originally set atop the engine I am currently restoring. I was able to get the lights with the truck but they have been stored apart for many years and the brackets are MIA. I wanted to see if anyone either had a part number to make the search a little more fruitful or possible had access to drawings that would allow me to get some fabricated to match the originals.

For clarity's sake I am attaching some photos online of the style of mount that was used on the truck originally.
View attachment 216152View attachment 216153View attachment 216154
A few members are fortunate enough to own a Service Parts Index. I believe @ex416, @fyrboy, or @stansdds may be able to help.

In the meantime, @ERIC6913 appears to have what looks like a Mini Jet mounting kit, part JMPK, on his restored FDNY ADX22, here:

ai734-photobucket-com_albums_ww341_eric6913_dsc00007_zpswuhdqq1y-jpg.198208

Source: https://elightbars.org/forums/threa...-f-d-n-y-spec-super-restore-with-video.75606/

The current instructions for the JMPK are here: https://www.fedsig.com/resource-document/file/8429

Those brackets that came off of that truck do not appear to be a Federal Signal design. I suspect they were fabricated by a local shop or the builder of the truck.

As for my Service Parts Index, it is for 1984-85 and it does not show any of these mounts.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
@stansdds is correct.

the feet shown in @shues post are generally considered the correct mounting feet for a Mini-Aero/Jet.. etc.

I also have mini bars using the standard tube and A frame feet as well.

Reactions: DFD1994

DFD1994

Dec 8, 2013
DFW Metroplex
Thanks to everyone for the info, it looks like I have a couple of leads on what I need. I appreciate the help.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.