Parts sales questions

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
So I have a bunch of random lightbar parts tucked away in many corners. Every so often Ill list them on ebay or somewhere to see if I can get some cash for them. I typically am not in a hurry to sell as they are not in the way and I may need them at some point.

My questions are looking for ideas on what to do with them now. My landlord wants to raise rent 20% so I put in my notice to move. In the past I have given a few parts away for shipping. My issue with that rite now is I need the boxes/packing and they are not simple to come by where I live. I have some parts I really dont want to pack/store/move but dont want to toss in the dumpster either.

I have a general idea of what parts I have but I am also finding stuff while packing that I forgot about.

Thoughts or ideas?

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I actually do that already. The big drawback is the quantity minimum (Plus packing materials). I buy some shipping supplies from Tilsner Carton Company but they are near an hour drive. I worry that I will be stuck with extra packing stuff come time to move. Most post offices stock flat rate boxes but the other custom size ones need to be ordered (and typically take 1-2 weeks for delivery). I like their shoe boxes and the 12x12 boxes. Shipped 2 lightbars this summer by taping the boxes together. I typically put the parts in a priority mail box for storage. That way I know what fits in what when shipping time comes.

Thanks for the reply, love suggestions.

Last edited:

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Well as your a towing company, can't you just stuff all this stuff in the vehicles when you move them to your new location and take them out when you get there and start settling in?

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
Just a shot in the dark, but if you have a uhaul near you they have boxes you can buy, and what you don’t use they buy back.

I have one here locally, but not sure what other states they are in.

Reactions: StEaLtH2
May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Well as your a towing company, can't you just stuff all this stuff in the vehicles when you move them to your new location and take them out when you get there and start settling in?

"I have some parts I really dont want to pack/store/move but dont want to toss in the dumpster either."

I know we have uhaul franchises around, not sure about their sales or not. The one that sells boxes is 35 miles away. Being on a time and space crunch I am not really excited about bringing in more stuff. I do have a few snall USPS Priority boxes that will fit small stuff so I will be listing a couple things here soon.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.