Peterbilt Oversize with Axixtech Torrent

thejudges69

May 31, 2010
youngstown, ohio
20190104_175555.jpg

So it's approaching 7 years on this axixtech bar. Still Loving this bar. Every once in a while I'll have a connection issue on a module, but for over 500k miles of taking any and all abuse, that minor issue is fine and the modules come on usually after a few miles. I want to replace lenses, but for now I polished them with a lens repair kit. It's been attached to my headache rack all the time. The rack has been removed for different things, but not for any length of time and every time it fires right back up.

It was mentioned about keeping up on my updates, well, I don't frequent this page, simply because when I did frequent it, I gathered this page is focused on whelen, code 3, and all the other big names. I wanted to show that a product that some think (not me) is subpar can actually stand the test of time and abuse of the highway. I live in the rust belt, we put mag chloride on the roads in the winter, things get bad sometimes and this bar has taken every single thing mother nature had thrown at it including a tree branch 3 weeks ago.

I have suggested this bar to everyone that has asked and will continue to.

20190104_175634.jpg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I highly recommend this bar and company, I won't lie though. I've had some struggles getting some answers in the past, but once I get them answered, things have gone smoothly. Don't overlook the axixtech brand, or Brooking industries.

+1. I’m a Whelen guy, but Axixtech/Juluen has some solid lights, and they make rebranded lights for some of the bigger companies, not just their US distributor Brookings.

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
Ok, I'll say it.

Every single update you give, you detail yet another failure of the light bar. And then you go on and on and on about how amazing it is.

Someone mentioned you should be paid for this thread. I'm of the impression you already are. It certainly reads as such.

Hey all, I had a Code 3 2100 bar. I had numerous module failures, connection issues, yellowed plastics, and colors that wouldn't match. It was the best bar ever. You should go get one.

thejudges69

May 31, 2010
youngstown, ohio
Ok, I'll say it.

Every single update you give, you detail yet another failure of the light bar. And then you go on and on and on about how amazing it is.

Someone mentioned you should be paid for this thread. I'm of the impression you already are. It certainly reads as such.

Hey all, I had a Code 3 2100 bar. I had numerous module failures, connection issues, yellowed plastics, and colors that wouldn't match. It was the best bar ever. You should go get one.

I can say, as God is my witness, on my life, I'm not being paid for this. However, it would be nice to get paid for it. I'm a nobody on a forum littered with dealers and end users of all brands, when I joined this forum, there was limited information about the torrent bar. I'm sure by this time there is more. I honestly have not searched.

In regards to issues, the vast majority of lights don't see the kind of abuse that mine sees. A bar on a police cruiser, that is replaces at 90k miles or whatever mileage they choose, may see rain, and snow, but a bar that he over 500k miles of harsh weather in all the worst environments, I think it's pretty impressive. I honestly would expect any bar to have a few issues here and there with that kind of life.

I never had any major electrical failures, I did have a couple corner modules fail, no front or rear modules, the electrical board issue I mentioned way back was 100% my mistake, I admitted I misdiagnosed and it was a broken connection. I have had some wire ends break, but the last one was years ago. For the longest time this bar was solid mounted, Spencer Brooking was the one that noted through emails that I was missing isolators under the mounting pads. The lenses we're not yellow, they never we're, they get sandblasted from road debri, just like a headlight on a car, put 500k on a Honda with plastic headlights and let me know what the lenses look like. As for colors, I don't think I ever mentioned them not matching. I'd have to go back through the thread and read, but that's never been an issue.

This will be my last update on the bar, it seems that maybe I'm bothering by giving an honest opinion and being accused of doing this for financial gain. I don't need paid from for giving an opinion. I also feel that if I was trash talking the product, I'd be getting ridiculed even worse.

Honestly, if I as looking for a bar and stumbled on to this thread, I'd probably be sold. Over 500k and limited issues, that's pretty ok with me and I think almost anyone would agree.

Good luck to this forum and I hope maybe I can help someone make the decision of which bar to purchase. I'm sure anyone would be happy with this bar or any other name brand bar.

Last edited:

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Fwiw judge, that guy hasn't had anything nice to say about anything really if you look at his past posts... Bring on the updates! Would love to see photos of some of your long hauls with it!

PTRJason

Jul 25, 2010
Silverpeak, NV
I enjoyed reading this. I have been on this forum, off and on since 2004ish.

To the one that was the naysayer a few posts up. Yes, you do post about a failure here and there, but he doesn't understand that your bar is ran for on a vehicle for 11 hours a day, and these are the only failures it has had.

We have a 2016 Ford PIU with 100K on it, with a Code3 21TR MC with modules that are half dim and failing, and the bar is only one for maybe 15 minutes at a time during traffic stops. It may have a total on time of and hour or two day.

Guess he cant see the bigger picture, that it is used more, harder, longer, and in a more extreme environment and it has only an issue or two. and their customer service is a hell of a lot better it seems like.

thejudges69

May 31, 2010
youngstown, ohio
So I was reluctant to post this after the last post where I was accused of being planted just to build the company up. But i don’t care.

So here it is, almost 13 years later and this axixtech torrent 54” bar is still going strong. I took it apart to fix 2 modules that had intermittent connections and to polish the lenses. For 13 years old and almost a million miles, I’m not gonna lie I thought it’d be a wreck inside. The lenses were still water tight, all seals still in place and all the screws came right out. I of course never seized them, but it’s been years since I’ve opened this bar. I just haven’t needed to. I think this will be the last polish on the lenses though. Next will be to replace them. Brooking industries has my business for years to come.

Attachments

• 3522A76F-B2FA-491F-A8C7-7E48B5EF8614.jpeg
    3522A76F-B2FA-491F-A8C7-7E48B5EF8614.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 655ABE7D-471F-4054-883B-5B4D0E95C976.jpeg
    655ABE7D-471F-4054-883B-5B4D0E95C976.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 6545734D-E110-4FC7-B610-F103957D0EA3.jpeg
    6545734D-E110-4FC7-B610-F103957D0EA3.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 20
  • F12E3C4B-FFA5-4A01-B5EE-4B2024E5F5C8.jpeg
    F12E3C4B-FFA5-4A01-B5EE-4B2024E5F5C8.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 22
May 21, 2010
Minnesota
So I was reluctant to post this after the last post where I was accused of being planted just to build the company up. But i don’t care.

So here it is, almost 13 years later and this axixtech torrent 54” bar is still going strong. I took it apart to fix 2 modules that had intermittent connections and to polish the lenses. For 13 years old and almost a million miles, I’m not gonna lie I thought it’d be a wreck inside. The lenses were still water tight, all seals still in place and all the screws came right out. I of course never seized them, but it’s been years since I’ve opened this bar. I just haven’t needed to. I think this will be the last polish on the lenses though. Next will be to replace them. Brooking industries has my business for years to come.
That's awesome, thanks for the updates. Always gonna be rude ignorant people out there, hopefully you also read the followup comments too!

I think any bar holding up that many miles is amazing much less the hours that one has run. They definitely take more of a beating on a headache rack vs the cab of some wreckers, yours has lived a hard life. Lol. To see an update 10plus years later for a bar that spent it's life in service is fantastic, thank you.

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
Towing and recovery and heavy haul will put anything through it's paces. I admit we use cheaper lights, not the cheapest but less than Whelen, FedSig etc, but that's because by the nature of our usage they usually get physical damage. Not unusual for our cab mounted light bars to move(break) tree branches.
And not unusual for our light bar risers too tear cabs up, we use Isuzu trucks and all of them have had the mounting points torn out of the cab roof.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.