Picked me up a little project vehicle

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Picked me up a 05 Crown Vic LX (non-P71) a few weeks ago, 125,000 miles, in good mechanical condition, interior is fairly clean, just dusty from having been driven on dirt roads as the previous owner, a college/university professor lived out in the middle of no-where. The body has considerable hail damage so for that I picked it up for a decent price. I have have quite a bit of traveling to do in the coming future, to and from the airport a lot and I think this will make for a great airport car and car to take on road trips when I don't need the truck. I don't have any interest in making it look like a police car, those days are behind me in my previous 95, 96, & 98 Police Interceptors, but I may throw some amber/clear strobe/LED lights in this for the special events I take place in for ham radio stuff. We'll see. Its just nice being in a RWD full sized sedan again. Add to that it's an 05 so it has a bit more pep to it as well as better handling with the changes Ford did to the Clown Vic back in 02/03. Yet it has the typical Clown Vic issues such as crappy window regulators (windows going up and down painfully slow) a stuck door lock actuator, noisy/grinding climate control center, and crappy sounding AM/FM radio. But it's a Ford, so that's no surprise on any of those things. Seems to be a trademark of Ford products, at least every Ford product I've owned which consists of 5 Clown Vics, a few Ford trucks, and a Ford Exploder. Ah well.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.