plastic wedge

TLE911 LLC.

Jan 2, 2016
Nebraska
looking for thick plastic that is easy to cut for forming wedges to mount lights. (ie. fill gaps, create angles to lower or rise light for proper function) I have a tap plastics have to look what it is again but is not easy to cut at all.

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Polyethylene (HDPE) is the translucent white stuff often used for kitchen cutting boards. It's easy to cut and shape using woodworking tools.

Downsides: pretty much impossible to glue, and the chips will stick all over you and your tools.

TLE911 LLC.

Jan 2, 2016
Nebraska
abs is what I was using. other than cutting on table saw with carbide blade I can't get it cut easily to the angles I need or anything. got any tips on how you do it?

OVERKILL

Jan 27, 2012
hamilton ontario canada
We lube blade with a Lennox wax stick and the blades we use are designed for plastic and non ferrous metals. Available at Home Depot. I believe they are made by Freud and they are Chrome to help prevent the plastic sticking.

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Delrin? Slightly more expensive but seems to hold up well in industrial settings. Available in black or white

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.