Please help me fix this messy design

NY743EM

Dec 3, 2015
NY
New F550 ambulance. The front and rear lighting design is terrible and looking for advice on how to properly build this without adding additional light heads. My areas rigs have white/red to the front and red/amber to the rear. I'd like to incorporate one or two blues to the rear somehow, but may need 2 additional lights in the rear to do it correctly.

Attachments

• IMG_20180206_094218.jpg
    IMG_20180206_094218.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20180206_094211.jpg
    IMG_20180206_094211.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 49
May 9, 2012
Central Florida
your pictures are upside down for some reason - but as for the back, do you have the ability to set the flash patterns? If so, I highly recommend flashing all the red lights together, then all the amber lights. Why do you want the blue in there? If you must have blue, then you're going to have to flash mixed colors at some point which I never recommend. I'd just use red and amber if you can.

For the front, pretty much the same thing - I see the ION grille lights you have red/white which I'm assuming are split lightheads. Another thing I don't recommend. Get 2 white and 2 red IONs and put them in an X pattern. Flash both red then both white. get rid of the split 900s up top too. Make is so it is like this - R/W/R/W/R/W/R - all solid color 900s and flash all red then all white. if you're able to make those changes then you'll be set. If you have split modules on the sides I would ditch those too. Use solid color modules.

Reactions: Doyle257

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
I agree with everything firemedic said, except on the back, I would replace the top right Red, with a Blue.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Agreed with above commentary...

You can add an extra pair of blue 900's if you like but red/amber should be good. Just for reference check the ambos in Hawaii... for effectiveness.

Reactions: StEaLtH2

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
I also agree on the no split solid ions and 900's all red then all white, and the rear as all red then Amber/Blue heads
R A scene "Red 700" scene B R
Specify solid non split 900's as smart ones will not sync on there own as far as I know which is one of the great mysteries that befuddle me.
Also two 900 scenes back there is a tremendous amount of lighting.

NY743EM

Dec 3, 2015
NY
Sorry for upside down pics.

Rear: If I change the upper level to solid R/A 900s, what color should I make the center 700, another Red? Thanks to another ELB members suggestion, I'm considering changing the window level lights to M series Red/ Blue Duo with brake override.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
I'm a big proponent of rear amber so I'd recommend the top outboard lights and mid window lights all amber flashing in an X pattern on 1 flash set and the top inboard lights flash alternately against that small center light on a flash pattern independent of the amber set.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.