Please help, quick question for the Code3 people

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
One of my customers asked me today if the MX7000 and the Excalibur use the same extruded

alum. frame. I have alot of MX stuff but never tore apart an Excalibur, so I told him I would find out.

Anyone :?

Pete

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
Not a problem- Here's a picture too if it helps-

I think anymore they use nearly the same (3 channel) frame for the Excalibur, Code 360, LEDX 2100, & MX7000.

Most newer MX's I've run into have the 3 channel frame.

frames1.JPG

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I don't know as much as some, but I do know that the MX7000 has a taller lower level than the Excalibur. The MX has sloped domes on the underside; the Excalibur has flat lower domes. They both use the same type of upper domes.

As for the Code 360... Its takedowns and front and rear flashers are the same size as the Excalibur, and I think the center top domes are the same as with the MX7000 and excalibur as well; in the center section its lower level is the same, but on the sides it's got wings with two lower levels that are most unlike anything else.

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
Thanks for the pics, Mike

Thanks for your input, dood

Here's the deal. I sold this guy (tow truck co.) a fully loaded mx7000 a couple of years ago. He wants to

take that frame and add excalibur lowers and flat top domes and make it an LED bar.

I told him I could get the lower domes here, the flat top domes from Sarah at priority1 and the LED

stuff from Burt (PIMP). He said that was way too much :shock: :shock: :shock:

I told him to try getting it cheaper elsewhere.

Sometimes, you have to draw a line in the sand :roll:

Thanks for all the help,

Pete

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
I just looked at list price on an empty 47" Excalibur shell (3 lower domes, 3 flat uppers & frame) & thats' $615 :shock:

Totally understand what you mean, Pete.

I don't know where he thinks he'll find a cheaper price unless he goes the knockoff route; I can only imagine how long one of those things would last under wrecker use.

Pete L. said:
Thanks for the pics, Mike
Thanks for your input, dood

Here's the deal. I sold this guy (tow truck co.) a fully loaded mx7000 a couple of years ago. He wants to

take that frame and add excalibur lowers and flat top domes and make it an LED bar.

I told him I could get the lower domes here, the flat top domes from Sarah at priority1 and the LED

stuff from Burt (PIMP). He said that was way too much :shock: :shock: :shock:

I told him to try getting it cheaper elsewhere.

Sometimes, you have to draw a line in the sand :roll:

Thanks for all the help,

Pete

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
Had a wrecker owner bring me one of those knock-off led bars a while back.

It was one that tried to look like the code3 2100 but the flat tops were screwed

on instead of clips. He had it flashing for a 4 hour run on a real hot sunny day.

It was toast. Circuit boards melted, wires crisp and 1/2 the leds blown.

I built him a nice all-light StreetHawk, which is still working for him ;)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.