Plugging hole in roof when removing lightbar

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
Looking for suggestions, places to purchase parts, etc for plugging holes in a roof when removing a lightbar's harness. Went to one auto parts store and they didn't have grommets big enough. Considered going to Home Depot for rubber grommets. Anybody got better suggestions or different places to buy said EQ?

BTW, did a search using "plugging" and didn't find anything worth while. If another said thread exists, please point me in the right direction.

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
Dec 9, 2010
McHenry County, IL
you can find body plugs at any auto body supplier. they use them to plug holes after under coating. those an some silicone and your done. i think the last box of 100 that i bought cost me like 10.00 and has 5 differant sizes that cover pretty much any hole youll need to plug.

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
Truck was sold a month ago and I didn't even mess with plugging the hole since the buyer wanted the truck in a hurry. I'm gonna leave this thread open just so folks can chime in with other suggestions, though.

wema628

May 30, 2010
USA / Tennessee
If you have a Motorola or Kenwood shop in the area you can get 3/4 in plugs from them. Most light bars i put on i use a 3/4 holesaw. so when i strip a car i have the right plugs. ( i work for a Motorola shop on the side )

ff_coddington

Oct 29, 2010
smithfield,pa
went to tractor supply they sell a plug it looks weird hard to discribe but i'll try my best its a bolt with a washer and big rubber plunger then washer and nut put it in hole then tighten the nut and it basically squeezes the rubber plunger in the hole and around it to form the seal worked well for me hope everyone understands what i described

May 22, 2010
New York City
ff_coddington said:
went to tractor supply they sell a plug it looks weird hard to discribe but i'll try my best its a bolt with a washer and big rubber plunger then washer and nut put it in hole then tighten the nut and it basically squeezes the rubber plunger in the hole and around it to form the seal worked well for me hope everyone understands what i described

i use the same thing to plug the return inlet of my swimming pool during the winter , its water tight !!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.