Police in green ?

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
San Juan police use that color its very common police agency color down there

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
That's only a 6-cyl Mustang.. Maybe it's one of those "whacktastic" security companies patrol units :dielaugh: JK, I'm sure it is really police.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Its from Puerto Rico police agencys have green as an emergency color over there

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Fire/EMS use red lights. And yea, all police is Blue/Green except for the Territorial Police which is all Blue.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
lafd55 said:
They have a lot of nice cars down in Puerto Rico..

Sure... and some ugly ones too ! :)

All kidding aside, they do have great rides indeed over there. I suppose I had never paid attention to the green color before, but all municipal do display green, indiferrently left or right it would appear...

dorado103.jpg

mr. awesome

Dec 27, 2010
Queens, NY
San Juan Municipal Police. Nice use of green. This is a PSA produced by the SJMPD. It has far exceeded the outermost boundaries of the Scale of Corniness.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
They appear to be largely ignoring the insane price of green LEDs... them shits expensive.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Cool vid.

Makes you want to enroll just right then and there.

Darn. Grab me another beer will ya?

SC-SPCA

Feb 1, 2012
New York
hmmmm.... let me extricate a pediatric PT from a high speed side impact mva w/ severe cavitation without taking c spine precautions.....

Whats wrong with that idea?

NJEMT

May 22, 2010
Essex County, NJ
defianceenginecompany said:
i wish we could run red and green in our povs in maine

merrrrry christmas ho ho ho

lightsrus

Jun 20, 2010
Hudson Valley
theolog said:
I disagree completely. Other than the C-spine compromise, it is extremely well done.

How's this for an idea, since you have eyes in the sky, why not avoid the high speed chase all together and not have the accident to begin with?

JIMBETHYNAME

Feb 12, 2012
Barrio on the Hudson
P.R. police cars patrol with thier lights always on, you only know that they are responding to a call when they hit the sirens. Ive never seen that except for there.

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
JIMBETHYNAME said:
P.R. police cars patrol with thier lights always on, you only know that they are responding to a call when they hit the sirens. Ive never seen that except for there.
Actually, they only do that at night, for the most part. It's not uncommon, however, to see ambulances driving around with their lights on all the time. Drives me nuts every time I visit.

San Juan PD #201 (2012):

P1010522.JPG

In 2011, SJPD #201 was not dented.

P1000691.jpg

Luquillo Highway Patrol (2011)

P1000700.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JIMBETHYNAME

Feb 12, 2012
Barrio on the Hudson
jph2 said:
Actually, they only do that at night, for the most part. It's not uncommon, however, to see ambulances driving around with their lights on all the time. Drives me nuts every time I visit.

San Juan PD #201 (2012):

View attachment 36975

In 2011, SJPD #201 was not dented.

View attachment 36977

Luquillo Highway Patrol (2011)

View attachment 36976
I visit Cabo Rojo, which is in the s.w. corner of the island anb they patrol with lights on during the day. Maybe depends where on the island you are?

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
JIMBETHYNAME said:
I visit Cabo Rojo, which is in the s.w. corner of the island anb they patrol with lights on during the day. Maybe depends where on the island you are?
Nothing is ever absolute, so I'm sure some local protocols vary from the norm. I've been to PR 6 times now, and can't recall any daytime patrols with lights on until about 1800 (6 PM) when it seems everyone turns them on. It is quite common to see stopped cars with lights on, so maybe they had them on before I saw them where they were stopped.

I've not been to Cabo Rojo pueblo; I'll have to make a point of that next trip. I've been to many beaches and my favorite remains Playa Sucia, which I've called Cabo Rojo until I learned its' actual name this year. I swear I want to retire there.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
It's similar in most Spanish cities.

For visibility purposes (ie : see the blue light? We are here...) marked units turn on at dusk, two permanently yet dimmed LEDs lit in the lightbar for cars, or mast-installed beacons for scooters and bikes.

Last edited by a moderator:

cook2890

Sep 27, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
TheGatekeeper said:
Sure... and some ugly ones too ! :)

All kidding aside, they do have great rides indeed over there. I suppose I had never paid attention to the green color before, but all municipal do display green, indiferrently left or right it would appear...

Green SVP Impulse domes... me want!!!

kd5vjn

Jan 10, 2013
east texas
I realize this is a late post, but...semi related. I remember reading somewhere when i was in the service that blue/green was used in the 48 by Homeland security. Not a bad looking combo.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.