Police Interceptor Sedan Hideaways in reverse lights

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
They are taking away my marked 2019 AWD Hemi Charger ;( and giving me an unmarked non-turbo 2018 Interceptor Sedan. The rear lighting is woefully inadequate and I want to install some hideaway LEDs in the reverse lights (not the empty pocket above the reverse lights). Can anyone help a brother out and show me where you installed LAWs in the sedan?

GE

Sep 30, 2015
Prairies Canada
If your current lighting is "woefully inadequate" then LAWs will not improve your situation. You should be looking at deck lights, license plate lights, etc. that actually provide effective warning signals. LAWs have always been a poor compromise between effectiveness and concealment, and if you're driving a PI you don't have any concealment in the first place because everyone already knows what you are.

You would be much better served by something like a pair of Whelen wide-angle Ions on a license plate bracket, or in the rear window like this.

ion-rear-deck-2-1024x696.jpg

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
Appreciate the suggestion, but that cannot happen for several reasons. I am still looking for a way to install HAWs in the reverse lights please.

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
Ha, I told them that I wanted a 2021 Tahoe. They laughed as they handed me keys to the Taurus. No real complaints, I'm happy to be out of a marked car again. It was quite the bummer to trade in a brand new Hemi Charger with 3400 miles for a naturally aspirated small V6 Taurus though!

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Thankfully the days of the Taurus are over. Last one produced in March 2019, including the police interceptor sedan. Yup, the Tahoe would have been sweet. Plenty of room! Decent performance.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.