Police Officer Involved Shooting

David B.

May 24, 2010
Rochester NY (US)
Police Officer Involved Shooting-

http://www.mcfw.com/?p=4352

A Rochester Police Officer shot and wounded a suspect early yesterday morning after the suspect exited his vehicle with a gun. The Police officer responded to his training to protect himself. To read more about this and see photos from the scene, please click here.
-POLICE AUDIO UNDER MAIN LINK-

From the second link-

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20110109/NEWS01/101090319/Rochester-police-officer-shoots--wounds-suspect

A Rochester police officer shot and wounded an armed man on Farbridge Street on the city's northeast side early Saturday.

Officers recovered a handgun from the suspect, who is receiving treatment at Strong Memorial Hospital, police said in a statement.

Police Chief James Sheppard said the officer, a two-year department veteran on patrol, was following a vehicle that was being driven erratically about 1:50 a.m. The vehicle also hit a parked vehicle.

"The officer tried to perform a traffic stop," Sheppard said. "When the vehicle did eventually come to a stop, the operator of the vehicle exited, armed with a handgun. The officer fired several rounds, and the operator of the vehicle was struck once, a non-life-threatening wound."

-CONTINUED-

David B.

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
Surprise, surprise. Another shooting in Rochester. Seriously, I know there was a murder a week when I worked up there. I am glad the officer wasn't injured though.

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
Newberry13 said:
Surprise, surprise. Another shooting in Rochester. Seriously, I know there was a murder a week when I worked up there. I am glad the officer wasn't injured though.

Prince George's County, MD is now 10 (may well be 11, a trauma code from a probable shooting) for 11 - 10 murders in 11 days in the new year.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.