Portable radios and radio straps

ff06477

May 21, 2010
Pepperell, MA
So - after purchasing a nice radio strap from the Fire Store, I've got one important question. I have a Kenwood TK-390 that fits nicely into the radio holder, but I can not for the life of me figure out how to prevent the wraparound leather that's part of the holder from engaging the PTT button on the side of the radio. I was hoping to find a way to disable it in the programming, but that does not seem possible. Short of a small piece of plastic or metal & some tape to bridge over the button & cover it, does anyone have any suggestions??

-mike

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Is that radio holder made for that radio? If yes, I would be calling the store back.. or the manufacturer.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I wouldn't modify the radio to work with the holder. I'd modify the holder or get a different one.

ff06477

May 21, 2010
Pepperell, MA
Yeah, it's a 'universal' holder. I just ordered one specific to the radio, should make things all better. Sometimes the obvious solution isn't so obvious.

-mike

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
I had a universal holder at first and it worked fine with my with my MTS2000. When I switched to a full keypad XTS2500, I had problems with it and decided to get a model specific case. I found a really nice one @ FDIC, but i don't remember who made it.

MEMS-LT

May 20, 2010
NNJ
dustymedic said:
I had a universal holder at first and it worked fine with my with my MTS2000. When I switched to a full keypad XTS2500, I had problems with it and decided to get a model specific case. I found a really nice one @ FDIC, but i don't remember who made it.

www.powercallsirens.com

they make very nice leather holders for the Moto XTS series line.

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
I got hooked onto Radio Tech cases and straps in 2000 or so. I have tried the "universal" types found at tradeshows and prefer the radio model specific styles since I do not go through portables like toilet paper. I have 6 portables and each has one of their cases and few FDNY shoulder straps.

http://www.radiotech.com/products/radiocases.html

Jerry or Janice @ Radio Tech can take care of you.Toll Free call too! 866-894-6115

Happy hunting

Wayne

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.