Possibility of converting a Whelen TA836A from 8 to 6 head traffic advisor?

Does anyone here know if it'd be possible to remove the end lamps of a Whelen TA836A and made it work as a 6 head unit? I wouldn' t be using the Traffic Advisor as much as rear led flashers, so I was thinking of just putting 2 500 LIN4's in the ends and run them of an external flasher like the ULF28.

cabunty

Sep 21, 2014
New England
Does it use an internal flasher? If yes I wonder if there would be a "gap" or extra long pause in signal? I think they are quick but can't remember for sure.

You definitely could do all of this with led and a smartlogic flasher as you can pick and choose how many heads are in the housing and flash your ends with it also.

Does it use an internal flasher? If yes I wonder if there would be a "gap" or extra long pause in signal? I think they are quick but can't remember for sure.

You definitely could do all of this with led and a smartlogic flasher as you can pick and choose how many heads are in the housing and flash your ends with it also.
AFAIK, the 836 is flashed with the external 9-Pin connecter with a TA controller. For how little I'd use TA, I don't see much sense in upgrading one to LED.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.