Possible? Combined TIR & LIN.

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
Fellas,

Are there any companies that can combine TIR & LIN's in one sleek housing? I'm considering purchasing a set that contains both types so I can switch between spot & flood style.

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
I am curious about this too. Haven't seen anything like that though. I would have to assume that a round PAR36 type light would work well for this. Use a single high wattage LED in the center with optics for spot light and outer ring LEDs for flood.

Agent72

May 27, 2010
US Florida
The Whelen Inner Edge lightbars allow you two switch between LIN and TIR style optics. I have a Passenger Side 5 module bar that has a mix of both. outer heads are LIN and inner are TIR. Just

RolnCode3

May 21, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Code3 3-up and 6-up Optics heads have something along those lines, although maybe not truly linear.

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
No one has something like a 500 series combined TIR and LIN (like a TIR3 and LIN3 sandwiched together into a 500 style housing)? (Brand names are used for illustration only)

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
Close. What I'm interested in seeing are dual lamp housings that holds both spot & wide beam type lighting that can be mounted on the roof of small command vehicles, facing the sides that can serve both alleys straight out to the side and scene lighting that illuminates the area around the vehicle. Low profile, all-in-one housing does help.

Wonder if this is something I should try to build next spring. Just a matter of locating aluminum housings with clear lens, somewhat along the line of FS' Cuda light heads.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.