POV help with master

HFD38RESQ

Aug 3, 2010
I need help. I would like to put a master switch in my POV. The catch is I would like this master to be an easy button:) I sometimes go direct on a squad call and if I hop in the back, people take my car back. Problem is I will get back to the station and some of my lights are still running. Please if someone knows how or thinks they know please let me know:)

Have a good day everyone and stay safe----

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
I am not sure what the insides of the Easy Button look like, but if you could get it down to just the shell, you could place a push button on off switch inside of it. when the user presses down on the center of the easy button, the on off switch inside gets depressed and thus the lights shut off. Press it again to turn the lights on. Does that help?

Stendec

May 21, 2010
What about turning off the lights when you get to the scene? Whoever is driving your vehicle back for you probably shouldn't have them on anyway.

If you've parked in a funky place you could always turn on the 4-ways, i would hope that anyone trusted to run your car back should figure out how shut them off.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
This requires a relay. Any 12v switch can trigger it and then you just need a larger gauge power/ground source.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.