POV Lighting Suggestion

Vince88

May 1, 2020
NJ
Hello all!

I am an EMT in NJ and am looking for a new dash light for my POV. I currently have an Xprite dash light, but im looking for an upgrade, its not too effective in the daytime when I go on the most calls. Any suggestions? Ive checked out strobes n more and speed tech lights, but im not sure what to go with and I know theres a bunch of other good brands out there too. Also, budget wise anything under $100 would be preferable, but id be willing to go a little over if needed. I respond to the station and to the scene. In NJ were only allowed blue lights.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

Vince88

May 1, 2020
NJ
Thanks for the reply, Do you have some pics or a video? How does it compare to other lights? And also do you have any suggestions of brands?

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Here's a quick video. It's bright and SAE Class I approved.

Federal Signal, Whelen, and Code 3 are the Big Three of warning equipment. Star Signal is smaller and doesn't have the huge product lines, but they have quality products and are still US made.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
I'm gonna deviate from the crowd and recommend tried and true rotating halogen- blue or blue/white Code 3 DashLaser M

Reactions: NVFD612
Dec 17, 2018
TX, USA
Don't go with Speed Tech.You might get lucky and have a decent light for a good amount of time. But, most likely, it'll burn out or die in some fashion.

If you require a new light that's never been used, you can't beat SnM's Dual/Triple Threat.

Vince88

May 1, 2020
NJ
Thanks man! I think that’s the one I’m going to go with, the reviews were great and it has to cool feature where it’s both spread and focused. Thanks for the help everyone!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.