Power Arc Thread

Apr 28, 2012
Knox County, ME
Not sure if this has been done yet but......

This thread is for all things PowerArc, Pics, Videos, Etc.

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
Why'd you have to go and start this? PowerArc gets me a bit too excited. I'll send you the dry cleaning bill.

Travelin Man

Jul 9, 2010
Central Virginia
We have two PowerArc's on the front, and a PowerArc directional arrow on the rear, of the new pumper that my volunteer company will be taking delivery of in a couple of weeks. I'll post day and night videos when it's in quarters.

RescueWV

Dec 31, 2010
Central PA
I love PowerArcs; it seemed like up until fairly recently I didn't see them in normal usage, but now I see them EVERYWHERE, although primarily as grill lights on ambulances and fire apparatus. I have to say one of the most effective uses of them I've seen was on a box truck providing roadside service for a tractor trailer on the interstate; they have a powerarc mounted on all four corners of the box and you could see that thing from an amazing distance.

I think if I ever have the opportunity/need to do a full, permanent install on my POV, I would have a set on a brush guard or push bumper. Awesome lights.

Brendan11

Nov 5, 2013
Illinois near St. Louis
This may turn into my new favorite thread lol Our new Engine is all power arc. Tomorrow when I go to the station i will try to get some pics and videos of the lights, but for now ill just leave this pic.

IL Cahokia Engine 1411 2013 Spartan Metro Star LA41M-2142 Rosenbauer 1612113 2000-1000 D.jpg

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Besides Engine 71, is there any video out there of their halogen products? The LED line is great and all, but I remember a few years back when the PowerArc website had some videos of their halogen lightbars and surface lights. Never really get to see the halogens in action as much as the LEDs do.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
acala91 said:
This looks awesome! Only thing it needs now is a HLF.

Thanks. Here is a video before I got a new windshield without the tint. The HLF is a SOS with mult patterns. It is now on the slowest pattern compared to one in this video

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
CrownVic97 said:
Besides Engine 71, is there any video out there of their halogen products? The LED line is great and all, but I remember a few years back when the PowerArc website had some videos of their halogen lightbars and surface lights. Never really get to see the halogens in action as much as the LEDs do.

Look for video of the Pittsburgh FD apparatus with PowerArc on them, I believe they have yet to upgrade the halogen items to LED.

Also look for older video of Bladensburg, MD Volunteer Fire Company (Station 9) ambulance and engine video.

Dissension

Dec 20, 2011
United States, AR
CrownVic97 said:
The St. Louis (MO) Fire Department used halogen PowerArc lights on their apparatus for a while. (Till recently, StLFD was an "all-quint" department without triple combination pumpers or non-quintuple combination ladder trucks, by the way.)

Credit: djm448

I like the halogen lightbars in some of the videos I've seen, but I've yet to run across one in person, so I can't comment on their effectiveness.

Brendan11

Nov 5, 2013
Illinois near St. Louis
I live across the Mississippi from St. Louis and I have seen quite a few of the halogen versions. They are pretty decent for being halogens, but are no where near as nice as the LED versions (obviously lol). They still have some truck today that are still running halogens.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Dissension said:
The St. Louis (MO) Fire Department used halogen PowerArc lights on their apparatus for a while.

I like the halogen lightbars in some of the videos I've seen, but I've yet to run across one in person, so I can't comment on their effectiveness.

Same here. The halogen PowerArcs are the ones I like a lot more than the LED:thumbsup:. Now I wonder if there's anyone on the board that has a PowerArc lightbar or are that that hard to come across nowadays? I'd like to see that thread someday:)!

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
all I know is those lights have always got my pee pee excited.... to bad they are expensive one day I will get some for my truck in red blue

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
JPolston said:
Why'd you have to go and start this? PowerArc gets me a bit too excited. I'll send you the dry cleaning bill.

I too love the look and operation of this product, but can't justify the $270.72 to the significant other to own one.... So I'll just sit back and drool... :yes:

ransom

Jan 24, 2014
Maryland
CodeMan said:
I too love the look and operation of this product, but can't justify the $270.72 to the significant other to own one.... So I'll just sit back and drool... :yes:

lol you and me both brother. I'd love one for the dash.

Brendan11

Nov 5, 2013
Illinois near St. Louis
CrownVic97 said:
Same here. The halogen PowerArcs are the ones I like a lot more than the LED:thumbsup:. Now I wonder if there's anyone on the board that has a PowerArc lightbar or are that that hard to come across nowadays? I'd like to see that thread someday:)!

Are you looking for a halogen bar or a LED bar? I can get a video of out 12 pod LED bar with FRC scene lights for intersections if you want?

Brendan11

Nov 5, 2013
Illinois near St. Louis
Am I the only one who has thought about a Power Arc interior bar? With like a single row of moving lights and maybe some take downs mixed in? If I could access about 8 power arcs (haha yeah right) I thought about tearing them apart and seeing if I could make one.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Brendan11 said:
Am I the only one who has thought about a Power Arc interior bar? With like a single row of moving lights and maybe some take downs mixed in? If I could access about 8 power arcs (haha yeah right) I thought about tearing them apart and seeing if I could make one.

That would be cool if it were possible. I can't imagine what that would cost.

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
Brendan11 said:

That would be nice but big and noisy lol

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
CodeMan said:

ransom said:
lol you and me both brother. I'd love one for the dash.

Depending on the light head you guys want, I provide an ELB discount if it would help?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.