Power Arc Thread

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Did Power Arc officially go out of business? If so, just curious when?

Google says the business is permanently closed (I figured it was only a matter of time with LED rotabeam and vision products being way more popular), but I figured they were still trying to hang in there for a while longer by teaming up with FireTech/HiViz for their joint venture on the Amp bar. I also saw some of their lights on a recently delivered Pierce

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Did Power Arc officially go out of business? If so, just curious when?

Google says the business is permanently closed (I figured it was only a matter of time with LED rotabeam and vision products being way more popular), but I figured they were still trying to hang in there for a while longer by teaming up with FireTech/HiViz for their joint venture on the Amp bar. I also saw some of their lights on a recently delivered Pierce
As of a few months ago they stopped selling new, now their service is gone too. When they officially closed I am not sure. I'm surprised they hung on as long as they did. Adding mechanical failure points to LEDs is counterintuitive.

Farwell sweet oscillating prince...

Last edited:
Reactions: cabunty

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
They did shut down, and G-d only knows how they made it this far. Tiny product catalog, massively overpriced, and the only benefit of PowerArc is that you didn't need a siren when you used it, given how loud they are.

Reactions: JohnMarcson

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
They did shut down, and G-d only knows how they made it this far. Tiny product catalog, massively overpriced, and the only benefit of PowerArc is that you didn't need a siren when you used it, given how loud they are.
They made a lot more sense in the halogen era. If these had hit the market closer to the halogen vision/vector ERA vs. the LED ERA the outcome might have been different. As it stands adding mechanical failure points to LEDs is just silly (I'm looking at you too Vision SLR).

Here are their costs in 2001
image00020.jpgimage00021.jpg

And here is the catalog
image00002.jpgimage00003.jpgimage00004.jpgimage00005.jpgimage00007.jpgimage00006.jpg

And the SPECs

image00008.jpgimage00009.jpgimage00018.jpgimage00019.jpgimage00010.jpgimage00011.jpgimage00012.jpgimage00013.jpgimage00014.jpgimage00015.jpgimage00016.jpgimage00017.jpg

Reactions: CrownVic97

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.