power setup for wall mounted bar

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
Hi everybody, what does everyone use for a power supply on a wall mounted lightbar? Looking to mount a bar on the wall and want to see what everyone has done for there setups.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Too many unknowns with your post to give you a good answer. At minimum we need to know your amp draw. What is the budget? What is the bar and what are you hoping to run on it? Is it dedicated for the one bar or something you want to run more than one off of?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I recently broke down and bought a good high amp regulated supply. Thing weighs about 50 pounds and has a fan. 70amp. It was not cheap but is is safe for strobes and LEDs but also powers even my biggest amp hog (XL9000 triple threat with 15 total sealed beams). I have a smaller 50 amp version too. Resist the urge to use battery chargers for anything other than the most rugged rotator bars. It is well worth the cost to just buy the right supply to start.

Here are the ones I use:

Best, 70amp, heavy duty

Good, 50amp, heavy duty

Usable, 50 amp, light duty
TekPower 50

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.