Power Supply..Found. What Do YOU Think?

DalmatProd

Dec 26, 2011
USA - FL
Hi folks,

Well, I was able to sit up long enough this afternoon to spend some time looking for a decent power supply to use with my new collection of several vintage lights and a few sirens, as well. I found it on Amazon (again!) and this is what it looks like:

Regulated50AmpCompactPowerSupply_zps3fb8272d.jpg

It's a 50 AMP Peak regulated supply with a cigar socket in the front and a set of black & red posts on the rear.

What thinks, Ye?

Steve

DalmatProd

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I have the same thing.

Its pretty good little unit. Powered everything I have tossed at it.

From Aero's to twinsonics, strobes and everything in between.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Use the terminals on the back. I can't picture drawing 50A through a cigar plug.

DalmatProd

Dec 26, 2011
USA - FL
After some more online exploring, I decided to go ahead and order this QJE power supply, so I can get back to work on the collection.

In a different vein, someone suggested I use Meguiar's polish for my domes. Will go out and get that this weekend. Now, what should I use to clean up and polish my Federal CP100 and my model E?

Thanks,

Steve

DalmatProd

May 23, 2013
nc
may i ask what that set u back? could use a good heavy duty power supply

Jun 18, 2013
PA

R2knee

Mar 26, 2013
sw ohio
DalmatProd said:
After some more online exploring, I decided to go ahead and order this QJE power supply, so I can get back to work on the collection.

In a different vein, someone suggested I use Meguiar's polish for my domes. Will go out and get that this weekend. Now, what should I use to clean up and polish my Federal CP100 and my model E?

Thanks,

Steve

DalmatProd

Forget the Meguires polish and get some Novus polish instead. I've tried both and Novus works much better than Meguires. I could not believe the difference. I will never use Mequires again. I had a website wrote down that sells it but now I can't find it,sorry. Just google novus polish or someone here can tell you where to find it.

DalmatProd

Dec 26, 2011
USA - FL
tacomabanga19861986 said:
may i ask what that set u back? could use a good heavy duty power supply

=============================

It was $158 plus change/shipping on Amazon.

Steve

DalmatProd

Dec 26, 2011
USA - FL
R2knee said:
Forget the Meguires polish and get some Novus polish instead. I've tried both and Novus works much better than Meguires. I could not believe the difference. I will never use Mequires again. I had a website wrote down that sells it but now I can't find it,sorry. Just google novus polish or someone here can tell you where to find it.

=============================================

Thanks for the heads-up and I'll head to search for the Novus in a few minutes.

Steve

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.