Powering lights with a lithium ion jump pack

Hello everyone.

I just purchased a 2000 amp lithium ion jump pack to replace my older jump pack whose batteries are shot. I just tried to use it to power a Junior Beacon Ray, and it beeps a warning sound and the green "connected" indicators flash red.

Do these things not work as power supplies for devices? Any one else have the same issue?

Bob

You probably need power to trigger the booster pack is there an override button on the power pack ? My Noco booster pack requires me to press the over ride button.
/\ /\ This right here.

These devices are too smart, if a certain voltage threshold is not met they do not function. Most have an override or Boost option. This should start it up, I'd also recommend replacing the battery in your jump pack, its pretty simple to do.

Thanks for the input. Guess I should have done my homework up front. The one I have (top-notch high quality Harbor Freight :) ) apparently doesn't have an override option. The flashing red light indicates a short circuit is detected and it doesn't like that.

I guess the electronics are reading continuity through the light bulb and motor which technically is a shorted circuit.

Live and learn!
Bob

I have a one that has a "12 volt" output on it; big, orange, 44000mah. It came with a female cigar outlet, too.

The Blue FB2B1 was really really bright until the bulb burned out, and that took less than 30 seconds. Ends up it puts out 16 volts.

I have jumped over 20 cars without recharge, so that works great ... but no juice will flow through the connectors until it senses whatever to work.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zak