PowerMax 60A 3-stage/fixed output switch broke

Jacob K

Jul 27, 2019
Canada
Today I got my PowerMax 60A power supply in the mail and I was adjusting it to work for my application. When I was changing the switch to go between 3-stage/fixed output it broke off. Stupid how it's so small but I'm sure there's a way to fix it. If anyone has an idea let me know please as it would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_1165.jpg
    IMG_1165.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Scoot163

Nov 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA
If you have decent soldering skills and can find an equivalent switch you could replace the switch. But I'm sure that would void the warranty. I had a PowerMax fail 6-7 years ago while still under warranty. Their customer service talked to me and in fairly short order they sent a replacement to me that has worked ever since. Since this is new I'd go the replacement route without question.

Reactions: JohnMarcson

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Absoluetly try to get i
If you have decent soldering skills and can find an equivalent switch you could replace the switch. But I'm sure that would void the warranty. I had a PowerMax fail 6-7 years ago while still under warranty. Their customer service talked to me and in fairly short order they sent a replacement to me that has worked ever since. Since this is new I'd go the replacement route without question.
Try to get it returned/replaced/repaired factory before messing with it. If that fails that micro toggle is $1 and you just have to solder it on. But don't fiddle with stuff you don't have to on a new item.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.