Preemption options

Bogie

Jan 19, 2012
Queens,NY
Have been given a Nova microthin preemption power supply. Trying to determine how to use options are to find a nova microthin and mount it to the top of the windshield or put it in my light bar and have it trigger one of the front white strobes. Use of them around here is extremely limited (NYC has none) neighboring counties have sporadic installs.

What do you guys think ?

Attachments

• IMG_4048.JPG
    IMG_4048.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
The higher it is, the better it will work. That being said your bar appears to be a Duplex if my eyes serve me right: personally I would tie the supply into the 2 innermost strobe heads. Depending how your bar is setup there may already be a spare lead in the bar itself; that you will have to check on

Reactions: ff168577

Bogie

Jan 19, 2012
Queens,NY
You are correct it's a duplex bar. The power supply is only a single outlet so one thought I had was to see about some sort of high power led takedowns to allow me to remove the inner 2x bulbs of the 4x takedowns and add a single linear strobe in its place.

Jul 14, 2014
NV
I'm not super familiar with Nova's, but the Optcom one's I've used have a single output wire. If your Nova has two output wires then yes to two strobe lightheads. I had one that I installed and I used a Whelen single strobe lighthead and it ran for years without any problems.

Bogie

Jan 19, 2012
Queens,NY
The supply I have is actually for a single self contained dash unit. Was remote mounted by the PD I was told so no longer a self contained unit. Hence the delema.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.