Price Drop - Wiith Video Canada Whelen Amber Lighting Package - Slicktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmontonsecurity

May 21, 2014
Alberta canada
What is a reasonable price for this equipment, I am now opening it up to what you guys think this stuff is worth. I wanna hear, I have another project that I wanna do and this is standing in the way.
Let me know, I want this stuff gone! 

Price Drop --- 550 Shipped to Canadian Majors! Get it while it lasts!
Everything works ! - Here is a video of it working from last night,license plate lights not included:

ALL AMBER, Shipping Included - If bought as a package- OBO 780 Bucks
Up for sale is a Full Slicktop Setup for either a car or a truck. There is enough lights to adquetely protect you working roadside.

Reason for selling is simply switching brands to a different setup:

I would like to sell all the lights as a group bundle, however will entertain decent offers. All lights where purchased from Megatech in Edmonton. Dont have any receipts unfortunately. All lights are located in Edmonton.

Pictures are of all the lights installed, and upon having a serious offer I have no problem removing them. All lights are functioning and can easily be turned on to show you.

I go back to work on January 05 2015 - So after that:
Unfortunately I work Monday thru Friday and am only available on the weekends. It will take approx a 3 hours to remove all the lights properly without damaging anything. Everything is hardwired into the vehicle so you will have to do your own wiring. It was professionally done for myself as I am not super tech savy.

Below is  a full listing of the equipment:

1 Aftermarket whelen emergency siren(Horn Function Only) Kit:
This comes with wiring diagram, control module, siren speaker, It does have a PA Function but youd have to wire your own MIC into it.
Will come with connector pins, (which I will have to pick up).
This is not installed, took out of last vehicle that was involved in accident. Works fine, Condition is OK.
ASKING 150.00 - New would cost you 300-400 bucks shipped to your door from different dealers.

1 Whelen Daul Avenger Super LED Linear
This was purchased mid summer this year, from megatech in Edmonton. It has approx 15-20 hours of run time as this light is only used on Traffic Accidents. Very Limited Hours. New from megatech these are 365.00 Dollars.
Asking 300 Bucks

2 Whelen Vertxs
Not sure the total runtime on these, these are currently surface mounted on the vehicle as seen in the pictures by the foglights. Purchased from Megatech these cost 99.99 each.
Asking 150 Dollars for the pair

4 Whelen TIR 3 W/ Flanges.
These have been mounted in the rear window of the car, not sure on run time. I am guessing they have a few hours of run time on them. Megatech Sells these for 65.00 new
Asking 45 Bucks each.

I am looking to sell this as a bundle:
 With the prices being asked sold as a bundle I would like 780 Dollars for it. Sold as a package. If purchased new this setup would cost you approx. 1100-1200 dollars. So you are getting all these lights for approx half the cost.

Also have a actual siren box, (Federal Signal up for grabs) WORKS, Needs some wiring majic to be used) OBO for this

Text 7808937920 or Department Email michaelj@atg.net
ALL LIGHTS SOLD AS IS - PICTURES LITERALLY TOOK WHEN UPLOADING OF THIS POST
The license plate bracket is not for sale, as I Have feniex dual colour apollos on it.

IMG_20141225_165450.jpg

IMG_20141225_165510.jpg

IMG_20141225_165510.jpg

IMG_20141225_165538.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Megatech ripped you off. Your used prices are as high or higher than the new prices with most dealers. Good luck.
Canadian retail prices really suck compared to "retail" US pricing. Why I always shop for new items from US suppliers.

Op since it's all amber you may want to try your luck on ebay and local kijiji ad's.... there is a good demand for amber in your area due to the oil patch industry.

Also what's with the "dept email" stipulation? It's amber... not restricted colors.

Edmontonsecurity

May 21, 2014
Alberta canada
NFD,

I can completely agree with you on the pricing. Canadian pricing sucks... once you factor in the exchange rate, shipping and customs. There honestly isn't much difference.

It's upsetting I know, but we are limited of what we have here.

Unlisted,

It's a work email and in no way are these lights restricted. The department email is simply for the fact is its a work email. Which means weekends good luck getting a hold of me :)

OVERKILL

Jan 27, 2012
hamilton ontario canada
just for an example the dual avenger we sell for 285 in Canada and we are a whelen dealer as for the tir3's 45 each however we don't really sell them anymore. as for megatech I can say they closed the Milton location because they couldn't compete with us.  good luck

Edmontonsecurity

May 21, 2014
Alberta canada
Well like mentioned in the ad it is OBO, I listed what I paid and what I would like. Somebody wants to offer a fair Canadian market price I'll gladly accept.
The sale is going to fund a entire new package.
Overkill send me a pm with your company contact number and what brands you carry.

But as mentioned the 780 is what I thought was fair for Canadian market.

So any fair offers will be accepted

Edmontonsecurity

May 21, 2014
Alberta canada
Alright,
Just ran out to check the MFD on the Dual Avenger (04/14) Purchased and instantly installed.
As for the TIRs I am not 100% certain on the MFD, that being said they were installed on the previous vehicle I had totalled on the wheel wells (separate control for when the vehicle was parked sideways) They have less runtime then the Dual Avenger.
The Vertxs were installed in the same previous vehicle in the reverse lighting area, when I got this new car they were switched out and new flanges were bought to mount them on the bumper. No Idea on manufactory date on these.

For reference they were installed on a 09 Expedition, with again very minimal runtime as I had a company vehicle for most of its time on.
As shown in the video everything's working, they video was literally taken last night.
Only reason for selling is that I am switching to a new setup.

Edmontonsecurity

May 21, 2014
Alberta canada
Would like to switch everything to Feniex (Syncability and Just prefer the lights) Selling all the current lights to fund the new ones.

-Cannons on the mirrors and replacement of the vertex by the fog lights with cannons. Setup to a X pattern
-Some sort of side lighting
-Feniex 600 in the back window (for better control and arrow stick capibilites 

-Cannons in the reverse lights synced with the LP lights

-Full front Visor Light

PLUS Decaling the vehicle

IshyFlynn

Feb 8, 2012
Maine
As others have said you need to reconsider your pricing. Even with higher Canadian prices from dealers and the exchange rate ($1 USD is $1.25 in Canadian Dollars) you are asking too much. If you want these prices try ebay or a local listing (e.g. craigslist) -- I would suggest if you want to offload these things here to ask "fair market value" on these lights. I can get new lights for the prices your asking here.

$150 CAD ($120 USD) for example for the Avenger

$99 CAD ($80 USD) for the vertex

$35 CAD (about $30 USD) each for the TIR 3

When you order your new set of lights -- you say you want Feniex -- order from a US dealer -- there are many on here that will make a deal with you. Tom for example I have dealt with in the past with no problems but there are many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.