Problem whelen mpc03

Martial

Aug 21, 2020
France
Hello.
I am having a problem with a whelen mpc03 / bl627 system installed in a US police dodge charger.
I will need your help because in France I can't find anyone used to this material.
Everything was working fine and overnight the siren refused to work. (the lighting works perfectly).
The LED above the "MOM SIREN" button flashes, indicating a problem with the speaker. I tested all the wiring, replaced the speaker, checked the connections. I do not have the programming software, and I wonder if it is necessary to operate the speaker 2 output (I only have 1 speaker connected to the speaker 1 connection).
If I connect the speaker to the speaker 2 connection it doesn't change anything ...
I know it's not easy to troubleshoot remotely but a little help could help me please.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
You checked the 25 amp fuse right? Is anything else programmed into the mpc I only have the bl627 and a isp188c but the ISP is not installed yet, did you check the communication cables, does the pa work?? Did you push and hold the hi/low button to let it self diagnosis and see what is flashing after it completes?

Martial

Aug 21, 2020
France
All fuses are ok, 12v and earths are ok, communication cable tested. The PA is not working. The self-diagnosis results the "AIR HORN" LED flashes, which indicates a problem on speaker 1. I connected another speaker directly to the amplifier to test but it does not change anything.
I don't know how the mpc03 is programmed but before it worked fine, and crashed without doing anything.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
And jumped the wire from the bl627 to the speaker to eliminate the wire? Maybe disconnect amp 1 and connect amp 2 and swap the speaker wire to that.

Martial

Aug 21, 2020
France
Thank you for the manuals, i allready had it.
Yes i have jumped the wire between the bl627 and the speaker. I connected a new speaker with new wire directly to bl627 amp1, and test also with amp2. The air horn LED flashes when the speaker is connected to amp1 or to amp2. I think it's possible that bl627 is simply out of order... Or the mpc03...
Is it possible to test the mpc03 and the bl627 with software?
Where can i find the whelen software please, I did not find it on their website.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Well disconnecting the bl627 from the equation and hitting the hilo to let it run through its programmed item checks it should show nothing attached but then that doesn't really help... Doh! Maybe time to find a spare 627, is that the only thing connected to the mpc?

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
I see yours programs directly thru a usb cable, our mpc01 02 go through the communication grey blue cable, I think their is a separate transfer option in the software directly for the 03. I'll look at mine. I'll see how big the software file is off the cd to see if it's emailable.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.