Problem with the iCrap...I mean iCop

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
My stupid ICOP camera systems decided to stop working today after I moved it from the dash to my new console. All I did was unplug the 3 wiring harness's in the back and then plugged them in again and then bam...it stopped working. Of course ICRAP does not have any manuals on their website, so I wondering if someone on here has one so I can start checking wires and connections.

fcicars

May 22, 2010
Washington State
What do you mean by not working? Is it getting power but not completing the boot-up, or is it completely dead? There's not much to the wiring for an Icop. It uses the factory radio harness for power, so check the factory fuse block to make sure you didn't blow a fuse while moving the wires around. If its getting stuck during boot-up, you may need to to do a hard restart, which of course I can't remember how to do off the top of my head right now. You can try calling their tech support, but thier answer most of the time is going to be "send it in and we will fix it".

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
Doesn't turn on period... Thing is it worked fine before I moved it. Do you know where I can get a copy of the install manual for this thing?

LED138

May 31, 2010
Bergen County, NJ
Is it possible that one of the factory harnesses came unplugged whn you moved it? Not sure what vehicle you installed it in, but when I installed my dept.'s iCrap's both the Charger & CV's didnt have much harness to play with.

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
fcicars said:
The install manual isn't going to help. All it says is "plug the harness into the DVR". What model of vehicle is it?

Checked connections and they are good. It's an 04 wimplala.....

opskmallory

Jun 14, 2010
Utah
One word for your problem. iCop. :)

We demo'd an iCop when we did evals on about 5 difference systems. They ranked second to last among all we tried (Panasonic Arbitrator, L3 Mobile-Vision, Digital Ally, IPT Vision Hawk). I couldn't get it out of my car fast enough. Great concept - poor execution. We had several problems from installation to field use.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.