Problems with the site

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
Please move if in the wrong spot..

I want to see if anyone else is having the same problems as me. I am running Google Chrome and no matter what device I use I'm running into the same problem. Any time I try to click in the dialogue box to comment on a thread, start a new message, start a new forum, etc. an ad pops up inside the box and will not let me type.
I just completely reinstalled Windows from scratch on one of my computers mostly for this reason and it still isn't fixed. I've looked through all of my settings in Chrome to make sure this site isn't blocked or anything and everything seems okay. I can't find any adblocker type settings to add to the "white list", which I'll get a popup asking me to do so from this site every few weeks.
If I open elightbars in IE, everything works fine. I have most of the same problems however in Firefox. I use Chrome for everything and it would make it much easier for me to run ELB in Chrome, but I can't anymore.
Please help!

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
Here is a screenshot of this exact thread from Chrome. As you can see, the ad down below is all distorted and in pieces. When I first open the page, the empty text box seems normal, but as soon as I click on it as if getting ready to type a response, it takes a few seconds, freezes up, then shows a partial ad like you see in the middle of the box and won't let me type anything.

Attachments

• ELB.jpg
    ELB.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 23
Upvote 0

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
I use Chrome exclusively and have not had this issue. Is your software up to date? Ie flash player, Java, etc?

It almost appears as if the site isn't completely loading

Upvote 0

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ok i was going to start a new post but " i do not have privileges"

i have "send email when you get a PM" clicked yet i am not getting any and havent since the last software change. i have also checked/unchecked/saved/checked again just to make sure it wasnt that issue we used to have.

Upvote 0

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
I just reinstalled a fresh copy of Chrome and still having problems. What all should I check as far as the players and such?
Also, as stated above, I am subscribed to many threads, including this one and my storefront, but am not getting emails at all, like I used to get all the time. And I am checked correctly in the boxes.

Upvote 0

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
The email notifications is a site wide issue with no estimate for when it will be fixed. It is an issue with the auto send server. Jman is aware and working on it.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Can you try to sign into the site from FireFox or IE to see if your problems persist?

While we respectfully request that users whitelist our community in ad-blockers, we don't block any functionality if you don't.

Are you signed into Google Chrome Sync across your devices? Maybe you have an add-on that is contributing to this problem.

Upvote 0
May 16, 2010
Torrington, WY
Can you try to sign into the site from FireFox or IE to see if your problems persist?

While we respectfully request that users whitelist our community in ad-blockers, we don't block any functionality if you don't.

Are you signed into Google Chrome Sync across your devices? Maybe you have an add-on that is contributing to this problem.
I tried both Firefox and IE get the same thing.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.