Programming Icom IC-2200H

mhaines15

Jun 14, 2010
Germantown Hills, IL
Anybody know how to program priority memory scan on an Icom Ic-2200H Mobile radio... a friend of mine bought this radio and asked me to help him program it. I got all the frequencies put in, i just can't figure out how to make it do a priority scan of the memory channels.

Thanks!

SurfCityCar2

May 20, 2010
Jacksonville, NC
The radio won't do an actual "priority scan" like public safety radios will. I have an IC-2100H in my vehicle as a second VHF mobile. I use it for monitoring tac channels while enroute to a call. I also use it heavily for local 2 meter ham use as well.

You can do a regular 'non priority" scan of the selected memory channels.

SurfCityCar2

May 20, 2010
Jacksonville, NC
SlickTop Solutions said:
As an amateur radio "only" rig, there is no priority scan. Also, I wouldn't use it for anything other than amateur radio, especially if your life depends on it in the PS bands.

+1 The only radio that I trust my life to starts with M. No Icom, Kenwood, Midland or Vertex. Icom and Kenwood make great ham equipment though, as I own multiple ham rigs from both. All of my fire radios are intrisically safe Moto units.

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
SurfCityCar2 said:
+1 The only radio that I trust my life to starts with M. No Icom, Kenwood, Midland or Vertex. Icom and Kenwood make great ham equipment though, as I own multiple ham rigs from both. All of my fire radios are intrisically safe Moto units.

I have used Icom and Kenwood commercial gear to great affect on both commercial frequencies and amateur frequencies as well as Midland, GE and Vertex. Most of them are easier to program than the Motorola stuff, but I do agree that when it comes to P25 gear, so far nobody beats Motorola (altho the gad is narrowing)

Back on topic, I hate it when anyone in Public safety buys an amateur radio, modifies it to work on non amateur/MARS frequencies. And all I can say/think is "I told you so you idiot" whenever I read where a PS agency is slammed by the FCC for using amateur gear and amateur frequencies for PS.

You get what you pay for and you get what you deserve from the FCC if you get caught.

/rant

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
SurfCityCar2 said:

I was a sole K user for personal radios before moving to P25 M stuff, mainly for compatibility w/ work M stuff. I wouldn't have any qualms about using the Public Safety line of Kenwood stuff. I still like their stuff beter than Moto, seems more user friendly.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.