Programming LED Messenger

Grotonems5

Jun 1, 2010
Groton, Vermont
Got my messenger yesterday, everything works but as was stated in the auction the center row of LED's all the way across don't work, and it is programmed for police messages. I poked around on it and couldn't find any loose solder joints so it must be in the head or brain box on the messenger iteself causing the center row not to work? Anyone else heard of a whole row of LED's going out, and why? Also still looking for someone to program it for me! I'm going to contact Whelen but they will probably charge me big $$$ ??

THANKS! :lol:

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
Yeah - ouch! :?

At that rate its' almost worth it to buy the MGP02 programming kit. But thats' still over $300 :eek:

Almost bought it myself so I could do programming on the side, but, there's not enough demand (for me) to justify it...

Grotonems5

Jun 1, 2010
Groton, Vermont
Which part do you need to program it? The control head or the messenger? And if it is the messenger, do you need the whole thing or just the box attached to the messenger? Probably wouldn't cost must to send it USPS anyway..

Radio Tech

May 27, 2010
Vermont
Try contacting Bly Communications in Williston. They MAY be able to do it.

Sorry that I couldn't help you with the last bar you had when you called the shop....

Grotonems5

Jun 1, 2010
Groton, Vermont
Just got two bars both with messengers. One is a 9000 one is a 9M. I am keeping the 9M and getting new lenses so I can install on my truck, the 9000 is for sale on here.

They both are programmed for police library. Does anyone want to rent their programming CD and cable to me?! I'd like to change it over to fire/ems library if there is such a thing!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.