Progressive Slide Switch Configurations

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
A topic came up in my thread on my new vehicle and I wanted some insight across the board. This is my first time with a slide switch, sooo:

How do people set up their 4 position progressive slide switches??

Mine is setup to always be 360 degree but increase number of lights and rate of the flash patterns (Carbide). I would like some ideas and insight. I don't do traffic stops, but I'm interested across the board and maybe this will help someone else.

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
Being on a fire dept. and not doing traffic stops, I've always had mine set up like this...

Pos. 1- minimal lighting all around such as TLF and only two single alternating lightheads on a single flash pattern in the back and maybe one set of HAWs in the front.

Pos. 2- All lightheads on except the TLF, some of the grille lights, and any clear lightheads, in a slow alternating single or double flash pattern.

Pos. 3- Rock-n-roll, full tilt boogie...Christmas tree time. Usually a faster, more complex flash pattern on all lights here.

All lights synced if possible, same color then alternate color so no mixing or blurring of colors occur.

I've seen other vehicles with pos.1- all rear, pos. 2- sides, minimal front, plus all rear, and pos. 3- all on.

10-75_Da_Box

Jan 28, 2011
Wappingers Falls
For my POV I'm installing an older CenCom Red that was given to me. Lights I am running are a Dual Talon B/B on the Dash. Ion Duo's Blue and Amber on the front bumper (Truck). The rear is a 4 head SOS stick B/A in the rear window and Vertex's in the reverse lights Blue and Amber.

Pos.1 Rear only.
Pos.2 Rear, Duo's flashing in amber. (For stuff not related to FD)
Pos.3 Rear, Dual Talon, and Duo's flashing blue (FD Response)

I also have one of the buttons programmed so that the ions will flash both blue and amber if I'm parked on the side of the road at a call.

Last edited:

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
If the vehicle responds to the emergency scene-
Pos 1: REAR only
Pos 2: REAR + PERIMETER flashing (any side lights, grill lights)
Pos 3: RESPONSE: REAR + PERIMETER + FRONT & ROOF (flashing headlights, intersection lights/hideaways, dash light, roof/360 light)

Reactions: 10-75_Da_Box

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
im a switch freak... back when i had a street hawg, it was the only thing on my slider...

1. was 4 rotators
2. center
3. all flashers

in my escape i have
1. setup as "power on" for siren, cig outlet which has gps, dashlight power, backlighting etc
2. mode 1 appolos front
3. mode 2 appolos front

although my mini 4200 isnt a "slider per say" its setup for the rear "like a slider"

1. all ambers
2. all reds
3. balls to the wall amber and reds, (mode 3 cannons, mode 2, fusions)

Bvfa23

Oct 14, 2013
Depew, New York
In both the vehicles I use for FD response as an Asst Chief -

SS1 - Rear ONLY

SS2 - Rear, Sides and Front all BUT White

SS2 - Rear, Sides, Front and HLF/Any other white toward front

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.