Project 58" MXtreme 7000

1989gtablown632

Sep 1, 2010
Langhorne, PA
I had a bunch of people asking me to repost the 58" MXtreme 7000 Bar i built from the old elightbars sight, I need to dig up the video of it and some pictures off my backup drive but heres a quick description & wiring diagram. I built the bar to be kind of a demo so that I could show customers different types of lighting and flash patterns. The way I have my bar designed is no matter when you change any of the lights from a solid to a flash mode or a flash to a solid mode all the lights will always be synced. Here’s a diagram of how it’s wired, Note: that this is kind of an exploded view but everything you see relays, wire, ect was carfully tucked inside the massive bar. The bar has 2 bundles of wires coming out of it for all the different functions; I believe it is 62 total wires which includes the arrow stick.

Well first let’s start with the upper deck lighting.

4 - Fast Rotators 50W in the Outer Amber Section - 360 Deg

Function – Solid/Flash (I can flash the rotators bulbs while there spinning)

2 - Slow Rotators 50W in the Outer Amber Section - 360 Deg

2 - Fast Rotators 50W in the Inner Clear Section with (Amber Half Lenses Facing Back) - 360 Deg

2 - Fast Osilasers 50W in the Inner Clear Section - Forward

Function – Solid/Flash (I can flash the Osilasers bulbs while there moving)

2 - Amber/Amber Mini X6 LED’s in the Outer Amber Section - Forward

Function - 6 Different Flash Patterns

2 - Clear/Clear Mini X6 LED’s in the Inner Clear Section - Forward

2 - Amber/Amber LX4 LED’s in the Outer Amber Section - Rear

2 - Amber/Clear LX4 LED’s in the Inner Clear Section - Rear

2 - Stationary 50W Rear Lights with Reflectors in the Outer Amber Section - Rear

Function - Flash

2 - Stationary 50W Rear Lights with Reflectors in the Inner Clear Section - Rear

Function - Solid/Flash

2 - Stationary 50W Side Lights in the Outer Amber Section - Side

Function - Flash

2 - Strobes Lights 15W in the Outer Amber Section - Forward

2 - Strobes Lights 15W in the Outer Amber Section - Rear

2 - Strobes Lights 15W in the Inner Clear Section - Forward

Function - 6 Different Flash Patterns / These can also switch to flash at a 10HZ or 14HZ Opticom Mode

Now the lower deck lighting

2 - Fast Intersection Sweeps 50W Outer Clear Section with Amber Filter - 90 Deg

Function - Solid

2 - Alley Lights 50W Outer Clear Section - Side

Function - Solid/Flash

4 - Stationary 50W Outer Clear Section with Amber Filters - Forward

Function - Flash

4 - Stationary 50W Inner Clear Section with Clear Filters - Forward

Function - Solid/Flash (can be Solid for work lights)

2 - Stationary 50W Outer Clear Section with Red Filters - Rear

Function - Brakes/Flash

8 - Amber with End Arrows 50W Lamp Arrow Stick – Rear

Function – Left / Right / Caution / Also the 2 Outer Amber Lights can Alternate Flash

MX7000 Wire New.JPG[/attachment:3lt41kg7]

MX7000 Wire New.JPG

CenTexPSE

May 21, 2010
Covington, TX
Sounds cool, the only part im unsure of is the flashing on and off of the rotator bulbs.

1989gtablown632

Sep 1, 2010
Langhorne, PA
Still got to get pics and the video, but remember this was used mostly for demonstration to customers and when I plowed. I usually do a bunch of MX7000 retrofits for customers, and when I would meet them I could show different types of lighting, Rotators VS Flashers, Strobes VS Halogen Bulbs, LED's VS Strobes, Etc. that’s why all the different types of lights are in there. This is also why everything needed to be synced so I could turn on and of different lights and components and flash different ways so the bar could show the customer more of what they were going to get.

EL1998P71

May 23, 2010
Sterling Heights Mich
All I want to know is did you make your own harness, or buy a cable with 50 conductors in it to run everything?

Are the strobes Hid-a-ways?

Seems a bit overkill.

You could've just made each section a different type.

like one section rotator, one section Strobes, one section LED, ect

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
A little over kill..... but an interesting project. Flashing the bulbs of a rotator is totally pointless, making the bar unsafe...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.