Project Idea- Federal Traffic Clearing Light

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
I have a traffic clearing light out of a Federal Vista lightbar. I would like to mount it into a housing to make it a front facing dash light. Has anyone attempted this, and if so, what did you use? I was thinking a Firebeam base and dome, but I haven't tried it. Any suggestions? Maybe an Oscilaser housing, and if so, who has one for sale?

Thanks!

P.S. Also looking for a square Code 3 housing box for a Stinger TCL

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
FS Made an Magnabeam... it was an oscillating dash light.

I've squeezed a Oscilaser into a Firebeam housing one time... it didn't quite fit correctly.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
That light doesn't look very happy, I'm sure most oscillating lights don't bounce around like that.

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
I guess I am trying to make my own Magnabeam. If anyone has an empty base and dome let me know. I'm sure even if FS still sold the parts they would cost a fortune for some cheap plastic. I just want it presentable to go on the shelf with the other oscillating toys. And yes, they are noisy little beasts.

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
FedSig did make a self contained dash/deck version of the TCL/TCLF oscillator; I had one for a little while back in the '90s.

fyrboy

May 24, 2010
NC
According to a post from a board member several weeks ago, Federal discontinued the MagnaBeam (FB4), the 95 fpm motor & the dual-speed. All motors are now 175 fpm - new orders not accepted after 7/31, & existing orders must be ready for shipment before 8/31.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
fyrboy said:
According to a post from a board member several weeks ago, Federal discontinued the MagnaBeam (FB4), the 95 fpm motor & the dual-speed. All motors are now 175 fpm - new orders not accepted after 7/31, & existing orders must be ready for shipment before 8/31.
The FedSig website isn't indicating any such thing about the 95 and dual-speed Firebeams, but I do recall recently seeing something (can't find it) about a new "heavy-duty" Firebeam available in 95 or 175.

http://www.fedsig.com/products/index.php?id=156

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
I've got a single Vector pod, and it's the highly desired center pod. It has a clear dome in decent shape, probably a 7-8 on a 1-10 scale. Make an offer if you like.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.