Push bumper mounting of Ions

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I'm replacing the TIR3's on my push bumper with Ions but can't find the flanges to mount them. Any suggestions on an alternate way to attach them?

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Is it bad that I actually considered that for half a second?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ok the first image is "broken" but its j b weld LOL

Reactions: Kendreth

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I'm replacing the TIR3's on my push bumper with Ions but can't find the flanges to mount them. Any suggestions on an alternate way to attach them?
A pic of the PB would help. Also, which version of the ions?
SNM and sirennet have ion brackets for the surface mount and universal mounts

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
All the ones I could find are their sites are the recessed mounts. Its a regular setina PB, I will add a pic later

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Here it is

Attachments

• IMG_7669.JPG
    IMG_7669.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 24

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
The surface mount Ion is different than the universal mount Ion. The housing of the surface mount Ion is the flange. The flange is not a separate part that you can add to a universal mount Ion.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
The surface mount Ion is different than the universal mount Ion. The housing of the surface mount Ion is the flange. The flange is not a separate part that you can add to a universal mount Ion.

Agh, can't believe I didn't know that. I thought it was just a seperate piece. Thanks!

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Do you have the surface mount Ions or the Universal ones?

If you had two of each, you could put a couple of new holes in the push bar for mounting the side ones using surface mount. Your forward facing ones would have to use the universal bracket type.

Also, Whelen does list a bail bracket type, the ION1KB (for universals).

[Broken External Image]:http://www.whelen.com/images/_automotive/Dash_and_Deck/ION/ionkb-lft.jpg

They are universal. Thanks for the info!

Apr 14, 2011
PG county MD
what type of push bumper? They sell surface mount ions, or they sell the rubber gasket that you can recess them into a flat surface. or u can just hack it up and use the 2 screws on the back to screw in it.... LMAO i saw a company mount them lik that on the side of a tahoe..... the customer flipped his sh!t...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.