Support "push" notifications... oddity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
So i have them enabled.. iit is a great feature.

my question is.. after i check the email or the alert on my phone on the weekend... i come to work monday (or any other time i already checked it on my phone) and the same notification (no matter how "old" is showing up as new on the PC..

can these be timed out? or once check deleted? its no biggie just curious as to what does it?

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
That is a Windows and/or Chrome issue. I don't have control over the expiration of notifications. The same thing happens when you leave a mail client open and the computer sleeps, you get flooded with all sorts of notifications. It drives me nuts.

Reactions: Jarred J.
Upvote 0

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
From what I read in the preferences sections of my settings, all you need to do to disable the push notifications is sign out of the site on PC.

5qmGMA0.jpg

That leads me to believe that signing out disables push notifications. Then just sign back in to the site but don't reenable the notifications.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOHCZC

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.