Putting a Liberty on the dreaded Aztec...

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I will preface this question with a disclaimer:

<This is not my vehicle. it is a good family friends and regardless of what it is (and he knows what it is, LOL) It is the vehicle he has to work with, and this is the bar he and I came to an agreement on to best suit his current and future needs with the next vehicle they intend to purchase. I dont need any comments on how something else would be better.>

That out of the way, I am going to be installing a 49" Liberty on a Pontiac Aztec for a long time family friend that is a VFF. After discussing the horrid roof design of the Aztec with him, the option IS there for me to direct bolt the feet to the roof in the proper manner. BUT I am curious if anyone here has ever installed a fullsize bar on an Aztec and successfully used straps. I have modified straps before to work with vehicles and that isn't the problem, but that goofy ridge on each side of the roof appears to be tall enough to get in the way of doing so.

If you have installed one and have any pictures or ideas about it, please let me know! I will more than likely bolt it to the roof, as he is not worried about any resale of it.

Thanks in advance!
Alec

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RetLt2020

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.