Silver Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Last edited:

ffjwhite

Registered Member
May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
An extra 20 bucks doesnt seem too bad when it comes with undermirror housings.
The only downside, like much of the other quad stuff you cant use an external flasher with them on other patterns unless its on mode 3 wire.

Jarred J.

Archive Expert
Original poster
Silver Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
tell us how you really feel?

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
An extra 20 bucks doesnt seem too bad when it comes with undermirror housings.
The only downside, like much of the other quad stuff you cant use an external flasher with them on other patterns unless its on mode 3 wire.
I'm sure sure I get what you are saying. I have mode 1 set to Red steady burn with a Whelen Flasher with no issues.

ffjwhite

Registered Member
May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
I'm sure sure I get what you are saying. I have mode 1 set to Red steady burn with a Whelen Flasher with no issues.
Yeah of I try to get mode 2 to flash white for me it will do a quick flash of red on mode 1 and then go to white.

Reactions: fp13-2

Jman423

Site Owner
Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
Auburn, AL
Given the design and pricing being so similar to SOS, I honestly assumed it was a rebranded SOS product.
I can assure you it wasn't. However, there may have been some SOS on the mechanical and electrical engineer's desks when they were designing the puck. I was there for that part.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
I can assure you it wasn't. However, there may have been some SOS on the mechanical and electrical engineer's desks when they were designing the puck. I was there for that part.
Outside of that, it's a complete mystery. Why spend the time making a product, overpricing it, and then immediately blowing it out and killing it?

Reactions: fp13-2

Jman423

Site Owner
Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
Auburn, AL
Outside of that, it's a complete mystery. Why spend the time making a product, overpricing it, and then immediately blowing it out and killing it?
Like you said... 60° optics are pointless in that position. But hey... you have a converter with software bugs and a light with 3 colors you probably don't want. Psssh.

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
All that waiting to end up with a simple surface light that has a different housing that is suitable to go under a mirror...
OK well played feniex , we could have done that ourself .

Staff online

Search for a Member

About us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! We strive to keep our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All actions and transactions within are secured by Sectigo SSL with high-strength encryption.