quad vs twin

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
just trying to see if the 4 bulb holder i made would fit in the twin. only issue is the dome slopes in unlike the aero. catching the bulb retaining frames on the dome. i can try and set the holders tighter by grinding off some of the ring. but thats a job for another day.

I thought, "What the hell is wrong with that mod12? What's all that racket? Bad motor? Teeth missing in the gear box??? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!?" Oh, it's a stereo in the background....

You need to get a (or fabricate) a 174 or 176 4-bulb housing. It will need to be modified to fit the spindles and a brush added for the power (like the 175 housing), but it will fit under a 14 or TwinSonic dome with no issues. In other words, recreate the 144 bulb housing...

I am recalling the days of my youth (in high school--late 60s early 70s) when I worked for a FedSig dealer...there was a box full of 174 bulb housings. All I need is a WayBack machine....

Reactions: NVFD612

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
yea id like to get my hands on a few of those 174. plus i like my twins just the way they are. only did the aero because it came in a 3 identical bar deal.

yea id like to get my hands on a few of those 174. plus i like my twins just the way they are. only did the aero because it came in a 3 identical bar deal.
That's cool, man! Go for it! My Twin Super BeaconRay was a dumpster save as was the 174 gearbox donor. That's the best part...have fun and GET OUTRAGEOUS!!:p
(ok, not the best emoticons here....)

Reactions: StEaLtH2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.