Question about 2003 GMC Sierra spotlight mounting

Davis4jr

Apr 6, 2015
South Alabama
I have a question on installation on a 2003 GMC Sierra sle. When installing do u notch out the door
And do do u move the door gasket. The reason I ask is the first time I installed it I did all that and it leaked every time it rained. One other question I damaged the main part or plastic body of my spotlight can you buy just that part?Thanks

UnityUSA

Nov 25, 2015
Chicago IL
I will need to check with an engineer. We have door mount and inside post mount installation for 2003 GMC Sierra. Which application did you use and what spotlight and which installation kit?

It sounds like the damaged part is the shell. We will need to know the model # of the spotlight, S04 or 325-380 and color, chrome or black to direct you to the correct part. The model number can be found on the back of the shell.

UnityUSA

Nov 25, 2015
Chicago IL
If this is inside post mount application the door does need to be notched.

If by door gasket you mean the weather seal, that does need to be removed. RVT silicone should be used to seal around shaft hole to prevent leaking. I have attached the installation instructions that explain the process better. 1. b says remove weather seal and section 8 further explains weather seal.

Attachments

• 4392 REV G INSIDE POST SPOTLIGHT INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.pdf
    328.6 KB · Views: 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.