Question about a 2007 Whelen Freedom wiring issue

Scott Richard

May 18, 2017
Greene County NY
I recently purchased a couple of Whelen Freedom Lightbars that produced back in 2007. The Model Number is (Freedom "SC" NYSP) Serial Number is 25596. I am sure its just user error but I wanted to ask everyone here incase I was mission something. I was unable to find the correct wiring diagram for this lightbar and I am not sure if its the I/O Board or not. The cable colors im provided with are red and black as well as a smaller blue and purple. The lightbar is equipped with halogen alley and take down lights as well. When I connect power to each lighthead they light up steady burn but when I connect the power and ground wires directly to the battery I hear a "Click" but nothing on the lightbar works. All the connections that I can see are intact and all fuses in the I/O board are intact as well. Maybe im making a rookie mistake but hopefully someone on here can guide me in the right direction.

Thanks again

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.