Question about the Whelen Dominator

JakeNShake121

Jun 12, 2014
NJ
So... I've been wanting to purchase a Whelen Dominator for a while now because I love the moduflash pattern that the TA's have. I noticed that the moduflash pattern (without it cycling through the other patterns within the moduflash pattern) is only available in the TA version of the dominator and not the regular version (Yes I know the regular has the pattern but it only does it for one cycle then switches to another pattern). The only issue is that I would also like the regular dominator because of the wide pattern selection. The bar would be an 8 head with all blue heads.

Basically what I'm asking is if I can take a regular dominator and use it with a Whelen traffic control box to get the pattern? I'm assuming this isn't possible for logistic reasons but I thought I would at least give it a try and ask.

For anyone who doesn't know, this is the pattern i'm talking about in the first 20 seconds of the video.(Yes, i'm aware this isn't a dominator)

yaknamedjak

Nov 27, 2016
Henrico, VA
The TACTLD1 will work with the traffic advisor model (TAM) while the TADCTL1 will work with the dominators. Negative switching vs positive switching. They can't be interchanged.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is the case.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.