Question about ULF44

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
Hey guys and gals,
I looked on the forum search and couldn’t find anything about this. Maybe cause I’m on my phone or there just isn’t anything on it. I was thinking about purchasing a ULF44 for my current setup which consists of feniex and two code 3 lights. My Question is, will it work? I currently am using a feniex typhoon handheld and My setup consists of half visor PS BB, Fusion BB x2 cannons in fog and brake lights, code 3 in the hatch x 2. I will be changing code 3 to a 600 and moving to side windows. Just curious and thanks I’m advance.

Last edited:

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
and you want to use the ufl44 for .... ?

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Your post is fairly hard to follow...

Its been my experience that Feniex lightheads don't usually play well with external flashers (unless they are the "dumb head" versions)... They had a few models that would work OK, but for the most part, they don't like being flashed externally...

I don't have any personal experience with C3 heads, so I cannot say if they would work on the ULF-44 or not...

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
Your post is fairly hard to follow...

Its been my experience that Feniex lightheads don't usually play well with external flashers (unless they are the "dumb head" versions)... They had a few models that would work OK, but for the most part, they don't like being flashed externally...

I don't have any personal experience with C3 heads, so I cannot say if they would work on the ULF-44 or not...

all i want to know is if the flasher will override the patterns that feniex has. I posted it for general knowledge before i go to my upfitter and have more work done.

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
i figured i would use it to change my oil.
yeah right .......:rolleyes:

That being said ,now that is clear what you want to know we ran cannons dual color on a cencom core and it didnt work out well .The cannons were set on steady burn but the priority set on the cannon would come in conflict with some of whelen's flash pattern. On most slower pattern the cannon were able to flash correctly .

Reactions: jonny521

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Hey guys and gals,
I looked on the forum search and couldn’t find anything about this. Also I like to change my own oil. :cool:

I did read many old posts prior to this post, but my scope of intrigue is technical to actual function of a single ULF-44. For this scenario, four Whelen single color lights are placed on a single channel (1-4) output. Set to steady for use by flasher. Is there only two patterns I can display? The pattern override is a second flash pattern? Can the second pattern be any of the flashers patterns?
The videos on the Tube are not specific enough for me. I watched one with four white lights on a pit bar, and they swapped the pairs from flashing to steady (front/sides), and I can't figure how with only one of these flashers. Would using steady flash overheat the lightheads? For the sake of argument a pair of ions and a pair of strip light plus. Thank you all for your service.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Powering the CTRL1 terminal with power already applied to the 12VDC terminal and ground already applied to the GND terminal will cause the ULF44 to switch to the override pattern you have selected. You can select any of the available patterns for your primary pattern. You can select any of the available patterns for your override pattern.

Reactions: StEaLtH2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.