Question on Ion DUOs and ULF44

kilodelta97

Jun 25, 2019
Maine
Hi all!

So I want to run my vehicle on an ULF44. It’s going to be 4 sets of ions, each paired together and set to an output on the ULF44. I want the first function to be a flashing mode, and the second function (override) to be a slow flash for on-scene.

One of the pairs of Ions is going to be DUOs, red and white. I only want the red to flash but I want to be able to use the white on a separate switch (not connected to the ULF44) as take downs. I want the takedowns to work when the emergency lights are not on, and I want them to work as take downs and override the flash if I choose to turn them on when the light heads are flashing.

I’m wondering if this is possible to do. Any help would be appreciated. Bottom line is I want the whites the work on a desperate switch off the ULF and work separately than the red function on the same light head connected to the ULF.

TIA!

billyfromhill

Nov 30, 2014
Western New York
You'll probably have to use a relay to cut power to the red trigger wire when you provide steady power to the white trigger wire with your external switch.

Like this

Attachments

• ULF.JPG
    ULF.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 7

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.