Question on use of relays

TactMedic

Oct 31, 2016
Canada
Hi there !

Normally, i'm able to do my installs without relays. But this time, I need to use Feniex Typhoon Handheld sirens and controllers. For 4 of the outputs, i'm okay but for 2 of them, I will exceed the max. out Amperage of 1.5 Amp.

Which relay do you suggest me to purchase ? And if you can confirm my way of thinking about this :
- Wire the proper pin of the relay to my fuse box
- Wire the trigger pin of the relay to the output of the Typhoon HH
- Wire the proper pin of the relay to the bus bar with my lights connected to

Thanks in advance

billyfromhill

Nov 30, 2014
Western New York
Just go to your local auto parts store and pick up some SPST Bosch-style automotive relays.

Pin 30 to your fuse box 12V
Pin 87 to your lights
Pin 85 to the output of the controller
Pin 86 to ground

If you pick up some relays that have an 87a pin, that's OK, because you won't need that pin connected to anything to accomplish what you want to do.

Reactions: StEaLtH2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.